updating list of broken links after a report

  • xamaxdc
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
      Maybe I am doing this wrong,
      but after I generate a report using Xenu (1.2J) - I fix a bunch of
      the broken links, and then select "retry broken links" from the menu
      pulldown (Ctrl-R).

      Xenu doesn't remove the links that I just fixed from the list.
      I have to do a complete rescan of the entire site again.

      is Xenu rescanning a cached copy of the broken link pags ?

      why would the list not shrink to remove the links I've fixed ?

      thanks
      Michael
      Westat
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 8, 2008
        On Mon, 08 Sep 2008 18:52:27 -0000, xamaxdc wrote:

        >Maybe I am doing this wrong,
        >but after I generate a report using Xenu (1.2J) - I fix a bunch of
        >the broken links, and then select "retry broken links" from the menu
        >pulldown (Ctrl-R).
        >
        >Xenu doesn't remove the links that I just fixed from the list.
        >I have to do a complete rescan of the entire site again.

        Yes, a rescan from scratch.

        >is Xenu rescanning a cached copy of the broken link pags ?

        No

        >why would the list not shrink to remove the links I've fixed ?

        Because it's not enough to do CTRL-R. That is only useful if broken
        links are due to a network problem or a broken host.

        Tilman

        >thanks
        >Michael
        >Westat

      • tarastockford
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 9, 2008
          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "xamaxdc"
          <MichaelCharbonneau@...> wrote:

          > Maybe I am doing this wrong,
          > but after I generate a report using Xenu (1.2J) - I fix a bunch of
          > the broken links, and then select "retry broken links" from the menu
          > pulldown (Ctrl-R).
          >
          > Xenu doesn't remove the links that I just fixed from the list.
          > I have to do a complete rescan of the entire site again.

          Hi Michael

          When you use 'retry broken links' it only retries the actual URLs that
          were broken; it doesn't recheck the original page that contained the
          broken link.

          Tara