Xenu Tips and Tricks?

  • Cold_Ethyl
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
      I will be meeting with a few content folk for our Web site this week
      to discuss how best to use Xenu.

      I have my own "rules of thumb I'll be sharing," but does anyone have
      any favorite "tips and tricks" (or can point me to a Web site) so that
      I can offer up more than my own opinion about this awesome tool?

      Much appreciation in advance.

      Kelly
    • Al Guevara
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
        RE: [xenu-usergroup] Xenu Tips and Tricks?
        Go to the Yahoo Group for more links
        Al

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2008
          As well as IDing missing pages or erroneous URLs, Xenu is also a
          useful way of discovering all the public email addresses on a site,
          either for mailing to, or for correcting or obfuscating.

          Xenu is also a good test of the maximum bandwidth of your internet
          connection using a fast site. Open your Task Manager and the
          Networking tab and watch.

          Now if could just run javascript enough to decode URLs....

          Peace, tOM

          On Monday, August 04, 2008 at 9:57,
          Al Guevara <xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com>wrote:

          |Go to the Yahoo Groupfor more links
          |Al

          -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
          tOM Trottier +1 613 860-6633
          http://Information.Architecture.Abacurial.com
          Est-ce nécessaire d'imprimer ce courriel ? / Do you really need to print
          this email?