Re: Warnings from Google

  • Lars Ekdahl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2008

      > On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:28:58 -0000, Lars Ekdahl wrote:
      >
      > >I get this Status
      > >
      > >"All webaddresses have the same priority.(Not standard
      priority).....

      > huh?
      >

      > >If all the webaddresses have the same priority Google cannot
      deside which is most
      > >important."
      > >

      > >I did not get this message from the start. Do I have to change
      something?

      > Hmm, thinking again, and using my crystal ball, I think you mean
      google
      > sitemap.
      >
      > Solution:
      > change the first
      >
      > <priority>0.8</priority>
      >
      > entry to
      >
      > <priority>0.9</priority>
      >
      > I'll make a change in the software myself some day, that the root
      URL
      > gets a slightly higher priority.
      >
      > Tilman

      Good guess Tilman. I meant google sitemap

      However cannot find where to change the priority? Cannot find that in
      the preference?

      Lars
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2008
        On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:24:25 -0000, Lars Ekdahl wrote:

        >Good guess Tilman. I meant google sitemap
        >
        >However cannot find where to change the priority? Cannot find that in
        >the preference?

        Xenu doesn't allow to change the priority. The 0.8 value comes from the
        google documentation. It is your job to edit the file before submitting
        it to google. Only you, as a human, knows what is important for you.

        Tilman
      • Lars Ekdahl
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2008
          Thanks

          After my manual changes of priorities for some of my 5000 pages Google does not give any
          warnings of the new sitemap.xml file

          One learn something new every day

          Lars