Warnings from Google

  • Lars Ekdahl
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2008
      I get this Status

      "All webaddresses have the same priority.(Not standard priority).....

      If all the webaddresses have the same priority Google cannot deside which is most
      important."

      I did not get this message from the start. Do I have to change something?
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2008
        On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:28:58 -0000, Lars Ekdahl wrote:

        >I get this Status
        >
        >"All webaddresses have the same priority.(Not standard priority).....

        huh?

        >If all the webaddresses have the same priority Google cannot deside which is most
        >important."
        >

        >I did not get this message from the start. Do I have to change something?

        Hmm, thinking again, and using my crystal ball, I think you mean google
        sitemap.

        Solution:
        change the first

        <priority>0.8</priority>

        entry to

        <priority>0.9</priority>

        I'll make a change in the software myself some day, that the root URL
        gets a slightly higher priority.

      • Lars Ekdahl
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2008

          > On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 16:28:58 -0000, Lars Ekdahl wrote:
          >
          > >I get this Status
          > >
          > >"All webaddresses have the same priority.(Not standard
          priority).....

          > huh?
          >

          > >If all the webaddresses have the same priority Google cannot
          deside which is most
          > >important."
          > >

          > >I did not get this message from the start. Do I have to change
          something?

          > Hmm, thinking again, and using my crystal ball, I think you mean
          google
          > sitemap.
          >
          > Solution:
          > change the first
          >
          > <priority>0.8</priority>
          >
          > entry to
          >
          > <priority>0.9</priority>
          >
          > I'll make a change in the software myself some day, that the root
          URL
          > gets a slightly higher priority.
          >
          > Tilman

          Good guess Tilman. I meant google sitemap

          However cannot find where to change the priority? Cannot find that in
          the preference?

          Lars
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2008
            On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 17:24:25 -0000, Lars Ekdahl wrote:

            >Good guess Tilman. I meant google sitemap
            >
            >However cannot find where to change the priority? Cannot find that in
            >the preference?

            Xenu doesn't allow to change the priority. The 0.8 value comes from the
            google documentation. It is your job to edit the file before submitting
            it to google. Only you, as a human, knows what is important for you.

            Tilman
          • Lars Ekdahl
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2008
              Thanks

              After my manual changes of priorities for some of my 5000 pages Google does not give any
              warnings of the new sitemap.xml file

              One learn something new every day

              Lars