Re: [xenu-usergroup] Checking for Protected pages

  • Shankar Ganesh
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2008
      Unfortunately, this is on our protected network. Do
      you see/know a way to work around this?

      Regards
      Sankar
      --- Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:33:04 -0000, dsganesh78
      > wrote:
      >
      > >Note: I am running this tool against my test
      > environment.
      > >
      > >1. For Protected pages - pages that requires
      > authentication.
      > >I followed the steps, opened IE, logged in, then
      > started Xenu,
      > >enabled Cookies, provided the URL (URL of default
      > page once logged
      > >in). But Xenu checked only two links, same as
      > without cookies
      > >disabled.
      > >
      > >Then I tried with enabling the option 'Ask for
      > password or
      > >certificate when needed', it did not ask for any
      > password or
      > >certifcate and ended up again checking only 2
      > links.
      >
      > That option isn't related to a web based login.
      >

      > >Please help me to get over this, for checking pages
      > beyond login
      > >required.
      >
      > If this "test environment" is not in your intranet,
      > I would love to test
      > Xenu on it Re: that login problem.
      >
      > Tilman

      Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it on http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/bestofyahoo/
    • Shankar Ganesh
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 19, 2008
        Hi Tilman,

        I tried with yahoo mail
        (https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?&.src=ym);
        The results are the same, it does not check for links
        on pages beyond login.

        Apart from enabling cookies, is there any browser
        setting that I should enable/disable for the tool to
        recognise cookies and consider logged in pages?

        Appreciate your inputs.

        Thanks in advance
        Sankar D.

        Explore your hobbies and interests. Go to http://in.promos.yahoo.com/groups/
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2008
          I just made a test with
          http://de.groups.yahoo.com/
          and logged in with IE.
          Then I started Xenu, enabled the cookies, started the check, and the
          links did include the groups that I am subscribed to.

          So it obviously the trick works for SOME sites.

          Tilman