Re: [xenu-usergroup] Need Help Interpreting Xenu Report

  • Vince Thacker
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008
      Surely part of the answer to this is that not all broken links are 'file not
      found' errors. I get reports of server errors (error no. 500), site too busy
      (503) and very often forbidden enquiry (403) amongst others. I'd have a
      careful look at the reasons for the broken link messages, which are as clear
      as the web sites make them. Seems fair enough to total up errors even if
      they are duplicates on different pages - they're still broken links. Some
      web sites seem to give out misleading erros, though - sometimes I get a 404
      file not found, but then go to the site manually without any problems.

      Vince.
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 17, 2008
        Yes, there are false positives sometimes... this happens with some
        webservers :-(

        Tilman