Re: What's New file.

  • oteotd
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2008
      Thanks for the reply, I will read the whats new and see if I need to
      update or not. I have been happy with the version that I have. I
      have even figured out a way to check my links that are in Java
      Script without a lot of trouble. It is not perfect but will tell me
      if something is missing from my site.

      Here is my work around if you are interested in posting it somewhere
      for others to read that is ok with me.

      What I do is create a page I call a diagnostic page. I then place a
      text link on that page to every item that is not available from my
      text or image links. For example I use a java menu. I also have a
      site map on my website to every page of the site. However the site
      map don't point to things such as the js files required for the menu
      and rollover images for the menu.

      So I place the links to those things in my diagnostic page and then
      link to the diagnostic page with a small background color matching
      image on my site map, if someone finds the link no big deal. Or I
      simply have the home page link on my diagnostic page and start my
      link checking from there.

      This will at least tell me if one of my images or js files is
      missing. In my diagnostic page I set it with a robots txt line for
      noindex nofollow and since Xenu does not honor robots txt it follows
      it anyway where most web serach bots won't.

      Have a good day.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 15, 2008
        Alternatively, just create the pages so that people who have disabled JS
        or plugins have an alternative, e.g. by using <NOSCRIPT> and <NOAPPLET>.

        Tilman