Sitemaps?

  • JOACHIM COLLING
    Message 1 of 5 , May 21, 2008
      When using an older version of Xenu one got a sitemap (with Url´s) which could be used as kind of  linked index of ones homepages. The newer versions don´t have this possibility. It might be very useful for many users to be able to download even such an older version. Is that possible to arrange?
      Joachim Colling.
      PS if you want to see what I mean check www.collings-system.se

      Message 2 of 5 , May 21, 2008
        It is still there. Maybe you disabled the sitemap in the options dialog?

        Tilman

        On Wed, 21 May 2008 14:37:11 +0200, JOACHIM COLLING
        <joachim.colling@...> wrote:

        > When using an older version of Xenu one got a
        > sitemap (with Url's) which could be used as kind of  linked index
        of ones
        > homepages. The newer versions don't have this possibility. It might be
        > very useful for many users to be able to download even such an older
        > version. Is that possible to arrange?
        > Joachim Colling.
        > PS if you want to see what I mean check www.collings-system.se

      • joachimcolling
        Message 3 of 5 , May 21, 2008
          Thank you for the reply. I have Sitemaps enabled in the latest
          version and get in the report a sitemap which allows me to go to the
          original URL. But when copying the sitemap in order to use it as part
          of my homepage the url´s don´t follow, only the titles do.
          In version 1, however, which I found on an old diskette after my
          earlier question , the sitemap can be copied (even if I had some
          problems with (ul) and (li) but those tags can be deleted) and can be
          used to link to the original pages as you can see at
          http://www.collings-system.se

          Message 4 of 5 , May 21, 2008
            I suspect that your HTML editor has a problem if it "loses" the links. I
            did correct the sitemap HTML some time ago, after one guy told me that
            my HTML wasn't correct.

            An alternative for you would be to use a normal ASCII editor to copy the
            HTML of the sitemap.

            Tilman

            Message 5 of 5 , May 22, 2008
              I hate to admit it but all along I made a basic mistake. In version 1
              one could copy the report as seen - but in the later versions I had
              to go to the view of the source text, of course, and copy this to my
              html editor. And it works. Thanks for all the help: it helped me
              finally to think.