help!!!

  • prp812
    Message 1 of 3 , May 20, 2008
      I have a .txt file which lists 366 website addresses I want to check to
      make sure they are active sites. I open Xenu, click on File, select
      Check URL, browse to find the .txt file (located on my desktop), run
      report. However, when I review the report, it says it's only checking
      1 url instead of the 366 web addresses listed within the .txt file. I
      am missing something. I have review the FAQs and read the online
      documentation. Please, how can i have Xenu ONLY CHECK THE WEB ADDRESS
      I SPECIFY????

      Thanks in advance.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 20, 2008
        On Tue, 20 May 2008 19:27:40 -0000, prp812 wrote:

        >I have a .txt file which lists 366 website addresses I want to check to
        >make sure they are active sites. I open Xenu, click on File, select
        >Check URL, browse to find the .txt file (located on my desktop), run
        >report. However, when I review the report, it says it's only checking
        >1 url instead of the 366 web addresses listed within the .txt file. I
        >am missing something. I have review the FAQs and read the online
        >documentation. Please, how can i have Xenu ONLY CHECK THE WEB ADDRESS
        >I SPECIFY????

        Make a HTML file that links to all these URLs. Or use the "check URL
        list" feature.

        Tilman

        >Thanks in advance.

      • wpemit
        Message 3 of 3 , May 20, 2008
          Make sure that spider-access is not forbidden by robots.txt or some
          apache-htaccess rules.