Re: [xenu-usergroup] Flushing Memory?

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2008
      On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:03:26 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:

      >Hi Tilman:
      >
      >1) Does "scratch" mean I need to power down my computer?

      no

      >2) How about just restarting Xneu?

      yes

      >3) How about starting Xneu and opening the file for the same page that was saved?

      if you mean a .XEN file, no.

      Just recheck the URL that you had checked before.

      If it still reports the same bad link, then it means you still have it.

      Tilman

      >Have Fun,
      >
      >Brooke Clarke
      >http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
      >http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
      >http://www.PRC68.com
      >http://www.precisionclock.com
      >http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam
      >

      >Tilman Hausherr wrote:
      >> On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:21:23 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:
      >>

      >>>Hi:
      >>>
      >>>After I've removed or corrected a link then rerun Xenu it still reports the old
      >>>bad link. How to get it to start fresh?
      >>

      >> You have to recheck from scratch. Xenu does not have the feature to look
      >> which pages have changed in the meantime.

    • Brooke Clarke
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
        Hi Tilman:

        (2) Restarting Xneu (without loading the saved file) wirked.

        Why would you want to save a .XEN file?

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
          On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:56:27 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:

          >Hi Tilman:
          >
          >(2) Restarting Xneu (without loading the saved file) wirked.
          >
          >Why would you want to save a .XEN file?

          If you'd want to interrupt your work while doing a very long scan.

          Tilman

          >Have Fun,
          >
          >Brooke Clarke
          >http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
          >http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
          >http://www.PRC68.com
          >http://www.precisionclock.com
          >http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam
          >

          >Tilman Hausherr wrote:
          >> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:03:26 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:
          >>

          >>>Hi Tilman:
          >>>
          >>>1) Does "scratch" mean I need to power down my computer?
          >>

          >> no
          >>

          >>>2) How about just restarting Xneu?
          >>

          >> yes
          >>

          >>>3) How about starting Xneu and opening the file for the same page that was saved?
          >>

          >> if you mean a .XEN file, no.
          >>
          >> Just recheck the URL that you had checked before.
          >>
          >> If it still reports the same bad link, then it means you still have it.
          >>
          >> Tilman
          >>

          >>>Have Fun,
          >>>
          >>>Brooke Clarke
          >>>http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
          >>>http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
          >>>http://www.PRC68.com
          >>>http://www.precisionclock.com
          >>>http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam

        • ibwd
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
            Tilman:

            I would like to get dropped from your list.  I don't know my password and have no idea what any of these messages are about.  When I first contacted you I was making an attempt at seo and you tried to help me.  I have since given up on the seo so if you would please drop me from your list.

            Thank you much,

            Dale Hurst

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
              It is not my list (Frank runs it), and I did not subscribe you. You can
              unsubscribe by e-mailing to xenu-usergroup-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
              with subject Unsubscribe

              Tilman