Re: [xenu-usergroup] Flushing Memory?

  • Brooke Clarke
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 6, 2008
      Hi Tilman:

      1) Does "scratch" mean I need to power down my computer?
      2) How about just restarting Xneu?
      3) How about starting Xneu and opening the file for the same page that was saved?

      Have Fun,

      Brooke Clarke
      http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
      http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
      http://www.PRC68.com
      http://www.precisionclock.com
      http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 6, 2008
        On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:03:26 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:

        >Hi Tilman:
        >
        >1) Does "scratch" mean I need to power down my computer?

        no

        >2) How about just restarting Xneu?

        yes

        >3) How about starting Xneu and opening the file for the same page that was saved?

        if you mean a .XEN file, no.

        Just recheck the URL that you had checked before.

        If it still reports the same bad link, then it means you still have it.

        Tilman

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
          Hi Tilman:

          (2) Restarting Xneu (without loading the saved file) wirked.

          Why would you want to save a .XEN file?

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
            On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:56:27 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:

            >Hi Tilman:
            >
            >(2) Restarting Xneu (without loading the saved file) wirked.
            >
            >Why would you want to save a .XEN file?

            If you'd want to interrupt your work while doing a very long scan.

            Tilman

            >Have Fun,
            >
            >Brooke Clarke
            >http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
            >http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
            >http://www.PRC68.com
            >http://www.precisionclock.com
            >http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam
            >

            >Tilman Hausherr wrote:
            >> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:03:26 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:
            >>

            >>>Hi Tilman:
            >>>
            >>>1) Does "scratch" mean I need to power down my computer?
            >>

            >> no
            >>

            >>>2) How about just restarting Xneu?
            >>

            >> yes
            >>

            >>>3) How about starting Xneu and opening the file for the same page that was saved?
            >>

            >> if you mean a .XEN file, no.
            >>
            >> Just recheck the URL that you had checked before.
            >>
            >> If it still reports the same bad link, then it means you still have it.
            >>
            >> Tilman
            >>

            >>>Have Fun,
            >>>
            >>>Brooke Clarke
            >>>http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
            >>>http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
            >>>http://www.PRC68.com
            >>>http://www.precisionclock.com
            >>>http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam

          • ibwd
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
              Tilman:

              I would like to get dropped from your list.  I don't know my password and have no idea what any of these messages are about.  When I first contacted you I was making an attempt at seo and you tried to help me.  I have since given up on the seo so if you would please drop me from your list.

              Thank you much,

              Dale Hurst

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
                It is not my list (Frank runs it), and I did not subscribe you. You can
                unsubscribe by e-mailing to xenu-usergroup-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                with subject Unsubscribe

                Tilman