Flushing Memory?

  • Brooke Clarke
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 5, 2008
      Hi:

      After I've removed or corrected a link then rerun Xenu it still reports the old
      bad link. How to get it to start fresh?

      --
      Have Fun,

      Brooke Clarke
      http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
      http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
      http://www.PRC68.com
      http://www.precisionclock.com
      http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 5, 2008
        On Sat, 05 Apr 2008 18:21:23 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:

        >Hi:
        >
        >After I've removed or corrected a link then rerun Xenu it still reports the old
        >bad link. How to get it to start fresh?

        You have to recheck from scratch. Xenu does not have the feature to look
        which pages have changed in the meantime.

        Tilman
      • Brooke Clarke
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2008
          Hi Tilman:

          1) Does "scratch" mean I need to power down my computer?
          2) How about just restarting Xneu?
          3) How about starting Xneu and opening the file for the same page that was saved?

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 6, 2008
            On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:03:26 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:

            >Hi Tilman:
            >
            >1) Does "scratch" mean I need to power down my computer?

            no

            >2) How about just restarting Xneu?

            yes

            >3) How about starting Xneu and opening the file for the same page that was saved?

            if you mean a .XEN file, no.

            Just recheck the URL that you had checked before.

            If it still reports the same bad link, then it means you still have it.

            Tilman

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
              Hi Tilman:

              (2) Restarting Xneu (without loading the saved file) wirked.

              Why would you want to save a .XEN file?

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
                On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 09:56:27 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:

                >Hi Tilman:
                >
                >(2) Restarting Xneu (without loading the saved file) wirked.
                >
                >Why would you want to save a .XEN file?

                If you'd want to interrupt your work while doing a very long scan.

                Tilman

                >Have Fun,
                >
                >Brooke Clarke
                >http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
                >http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
                >http://www.PRC68.com
                >http://www.precisionclock.com
                >http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam
                >

                >Tilman Hausherr wrote:
                >> On Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:03:26 -0700, Brooke Clarke wrote:
                >>

                >>>Hi Tilman:
                >>>
                >>>1) Does "scratch" mean I need to power down my computer?
                >>

                >> no
                >>

                >>>2) How about just restarting Xneu?
                >>

                >> yes
                >>

                >>>3) How about starting Xneu and opening the file for the same page that was saved?
                >>

                >> if you mean a .XEN file, no.
                >>
                >> Just recheck the URL that you had checked before.
                >>
                >> If it still reports the same bad link, then it means you still have it.
                >>
                >> Tilman
                >>

                >>>Have Fun,
                >>>
                >>>Brooke Clarke
                >>>http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html Products I make and sell
                >>>http://www.prc68.com/Alpha.shtml All my web pages listed based on html name
                >>>http://www.PRC68.com
                >>>http://www.precisionclock.com
                >>>http://www.prc68.com/I/WebCam2.shtml 24/7 Sky-Weather-Astronomy Web Cam

              • ibwd
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
                  Tilman:

                  I would like to get dropped from your list.  I don't know my password and have no idea what any of these messages are about.  When I first contacted you I was making an attempt at seo and you tried to help me.  I have since given up on the seo so if you would please drop me from your list.

                  Thank you much,

                  Dale Hurst

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 7, 2008
                    It is not my list (Frank runs it), and I did not subscribe you. You can
                    unsubscribe by e-mailing to xenu-usergroup-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
                    with subject Unsubscribe

                    Tilman