Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Not able to check authentication

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 19, 2008
      On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 16:59:59 +0530, narender.gbpec@... wrote:

      > Hi Tilman,
      >
      > I followed following steps
      >
      > 1. open Xenu and check the option "Cookies"
      > 2. open specified URL in IE and log in.
      > 3. Entered the url in Xenu and click ok.
      >
      > the result which i got is same as i was getting when cookies option is
      unchecked.

      Then it means that the trick didn't work with Xenu. Sorry.

      Funny thing is that another person has asked me the same question about
      the same website. (I didn't notice this!) That person however, made the
      mistake to enter a long URL as "root URL" so that the login URL was
      considered as "external".

      If you entered https://portal.keane.com (note the "s") and the steps
      above don't work, then sorry.

      Tilman

      > I am not able to check links which are beyond this login screen.
      >
      > my question related to www was .... when i open my url
      http://portal.keane.com it opens up, here  i didnt enter www in url
      and when i tried to open http://www.portal.keane.com  it does not
      open.

      > I mean to say, this url is present in local LAN and not on world wide
      web. so does it make any difference?

      > Kindly resolve my issues..
      >
      > Thanks and Regards,
      >
      > Narender
      > On 3/19/08, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
      > You don't have WWW based login, but you have web based
      login?"WWW" = "world wide web".
      > The website you named shows that you DO habe web based login.TilmanOn
      Wed, 19 Mar 2008 09:12:19 -0000,
      narender_singh_gbpec<narender.gbpec@...> wrote:
      > > Hi Tilman,>> Thanks for the reply, but i dont have WWW
      based login.>> the one url which i am using is
      https://portal.keane.com  and> another one read like
      http://172.xx.zz.z/site/portal/index.jsp
      > >> both the web pages having web based login at first
      page.>> Could you please help me out, how can i go further using
      xenu> because xenu is not able to ask password and login information.
      > >> if possible kindly try for this url and let me know why it
      is> happeneing.>> https://portal.keane.com>> Thanks>
      Narender>
      > > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr
      <tilman@...>> wrote:> >> > If you have a WWW based
      login, you should try to login with
      enabled:> >> > http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#cookies
      >> > Tilman> >> > On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 08:43:26
      was trying xenu for this site "https://portal.keane.com"
      but> xenu> > > does not able to go futher this login page
      and finished checking
      > > in> > > only 2 links.> > >> > > it
      didnt ask me for authentication, though i have checked the> > >
      option "Ask For Password"> > >> > > If there
      is any way to check url which is behind login screen,
      > > please> > > let me know, its very urgent.> >
      >    (Yahoo! ID required)<*> To change settings via
      email:
      mailto:xenu-usergroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
      mailto:xenu-usergroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com
      > <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
      to:   xenu-usergroup-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com<*> Your
      use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: