Re: Google sitemaps

    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 11, 2008
      hi chris,

      good point: i could have unchecked "check external links" before
      running the xenu report on my site.

      then the google sitemap would have included only internal links.

      but tilmann will add a patch for this anyways, as well as for the
      escaping of "&" in the generated xml.

      frank

      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Chris" <shinerweb@...> wrote:

      > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "frank visser" <f.visser3@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > hi tilman,
      > >
      > > i created a google sitemap of my site www.integralworld.net and
      noted:

      > > 1. external urls are included in this sitemap as well, is this
      > > correct? shouldn't it include only urls from the
      integralworld.net

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 11, 2008
        On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 22:43:43 -0000, Chris wrote:

        >I've got a few 'feature requests' I'd like to ask for, but I'm waiting
        >for a good day to ask for them. (But then I am a long time user of

        There is no such thing as a "good day". Most requests aren't done,
        sadly. Some requests are refused for months and years, and suddenly I
        change my mind without really knowing why (UTF-8, and recently google
        sitemaps).

        Stuff that I don't like to do:
        - pure SEO related requests (e.g. counting keywords etc)
        - complicated features that are hard to understand
        - stuff that would cost many hours of programming so that you save 30sec
        every week

        Stuff that I sometimes do:
        - small improvements that make existing features easier/nicer/more
        powerful/more elegant

        But you should still ask. I also don't mind people mentioning features
        of other software, this is not a "face loss" for me.

        >another free Sitemap creation tool whose name I won't repeat here.
        >(In fact, in that support group, we often recommend Xenu as a tool to
        >verify the site structure BEFORE creating a sitemap).
        >I bet Tilman can guess which application it is too ;)

        No ... tell us :)

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 11, 2008
          New version is here:

          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 16, 2008
            On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:38:00 -0000, Kevin & Kathaya wrote:

            >I do seem to still have one problem with Xenu, I still dont see tips at
            >startup, all I see is an empty box, this has happened for me since you first
            >added tips which was some time ago. The first tip is always an empty box,
            >if I click next then I see a tip. Are there any known problems with tips
            >being displayed?

            Check whether the file "tips.txt" does have an empty line at the
            beginning

            Check whether your XENU.INI file is larger than 32K

            Check whether, after you look at an actual tip, the entry with [Tip] in
            Xenu.ini changes or not.

            Contact me at tilman AT snafu DOT de if it still doesn't work.

            Tilman