Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Finding orphans with http

  • Steve B.
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
      If I downloaded the list and "standardized" it myself, could Xenu check
      it against my links to find any orphans?

      Or could I upload the list to an FTP server and have Xenu check it there?

      --
      Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
      Tools by Steve Bottorff
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
        On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:42:35 -0500, Steve B. wrote:

        >If I downloaded the list and "standardized" it myself, could Xenu check
        >it against my links to find any orphans?

        No, since there could be subdirectories. It isn't so easy.

        You could as well ask me to please make it possible to have your BMW car
        run with a Mercedes engine.

        >Or could I upload the list to an FTP server and have Xenu check it there?

        Well, you could upload all your files to an ftp server, of course in the
        same subdirectory tree structure. That would work too.

        Tilman
      • Steve B.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
          It was only about 80 pages so I just went through them by hand.

          Thanks,
          Steve