Re: Finding orphans with http

  • Steve Bottorff
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008

      > No. You wouldn't be able to get a standardized directory list with http.
      >
      > Tilman

      AH, but I can! When I enter the URL
      http://publish.ameritech.net/pubsys.cgi?uploadList
      then my username and password I get s list like this:

      Upload files
      You currently have 6.43 megabytes (MB) of available disk space

      File Name File Size Upload Date
      00knives.html 8k 01/24/2008
      01.jpg 44k 11/30/2004
      02.jpg 48k 11/30/2004
      04.jpg 48k 11/30/2004
      05.jpg 44k 11/30/2004
      07.jpg 76k 11/30/2004
      12a.jpg 56k 11/30/2004
      13a.jpg 64k 11/30/2004
      14.jpg 68k 11/30/2004
      16c.jpg 44k 11/30/2004
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
        That is why I said "standardized", because I expected your answer :)
        Yes, such ISPs do have WWW based dirlists. But each ISP has a different
        type of login.

        Tilman

        On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 17:42:46 -0000, Steve Bottorff wrote:

        >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> No. You wouldn't be able to get a standardized directory list with http.
        >>
        >> Tilman
        >>

        >AH, but I can! When I enter the URL
        >http://publish.ameritech.net/pubsys.cgi?uploadList
        >then my username and password I get s list like this:
        >
        >Upload files
        >You currently have 6.43 megabytes (MB) of available disk space
        >
        > File Name File Size Upload Date
        > 00knives.html 8k 01/24/2008
        > 01.jpg 44k 11/30/2004
        > 02.jpg 48k 11/30/2004
        > 04.jpg 48k 11/30/2004
        > 05.jpg 44k 11/30/2004
        > 07.jpg 76k 11/30/2004
        > 12a.jpg 56k 11/30/2004
        > 13a.jpg 64k 11/30/2004
        > 14.jpg 68k 11/30/2004
        > 16c.jpg 44k 11/30/2004
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Steve B.
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
          If I downloaded the list and "standardized" it myself, could Xenu check
          it against my links to find any orphans?

          Or could I upload the list to an FTP server and have Xenu check it there?

          --
          Sharpening Made Easy: A Primer on Sharpening Knives and Other Edged
          Tools by Steve Bottorff
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
            On Thu, 24 Jan 2008 13:42:35 -0500, Steve B. wrote:

            >If I downloaded the list and "standardized" it myself, could Xenu check
            >it against my links to find any orphans?

            No, since there could be subdirectories. It isn't so easy.

            You could as well ask me to please make it possible to have your BMW car
            run with a Mercedes engine.

            >Or could I upload the list to an FTP server and have Xenu check it there?

            Well, you could upload all your files to an ftp server, of course in the
            same subdirectory tree structure. That would work too.

            Tilman
          • Steve B.
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 24, 2008
              It was only about 80 pages so I just went through them by hand.

              Thanks,
              Steve