Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: URL's containing //

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
      On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:57:17 -0000, dietric wrote:

      >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:09:15 -0000, Dietrich wrote:
      >>
      >> >I'm getting a lot of errors stating "URL contains "//" which can lead
      >> >to endless spidering". I'm aware that my sites have plenty of IMG
      >> >tags that contains // in the src attribute - is there any way I can
      >> >prevent those from being flagged as errors?
      >>
      >> Yes, there is a "special" version of Xenu that ignores these errors,
      >> that I can send to you for free. But why not correct these double
      >> slashes?
      >>
      >> Tilman
      >>
      >The content is created by a CMS, and there is no easy way to change
      >that. I would appreciate if you could make that version available to me.

      CMS suck. They are inflexible, or difficult to configure properly. Most
      people who have problems with Xenu use CMS.

      Here it is:
      http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu-NOCHECKDOUBLESLASH.zip

      If you need an update at a later time, mention that you have
      the NOCHECKDOUBLESLASH version.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 18, 2008
        russ,

        i post this mail to the list, though you sent the message to me
        personally, because there's more chance you will get an answer ;-)

        frank.

        ===

        I am getting the same error
        messages, "file:///C:/Users/Russ/Desktop/Q5EV4//Figures//unclas.jpg"

        which creates an unclassified background image on all unclassified
        pages and tables. (so I get hundreds of these.

        I am using an omnimark xml to html translation filter, that I have
        no control over. Can you also provide me the special version that
        ignors these errors.

        I tried editing the html source code to replace the // with /
        however the background figure disappears.

        Thanks
        Russ

        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Dietrich" <dietric@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 18, 2008