Re: [xenu-usergroup] URL's containing //

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
      On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:09:15 -0000, Dietrich wrote:

      >I'm getting a lot of errors stating "URL contains "//" which can lead
      >to endless spidering". I'm aware that my sites have plenty of IMG
      >tags that contains // in the src attribute - is there any way I can
      >prevent those from being flagged as errors?

      Yes, there is a "special" version of Xenu that ignores these errors,
      that I can send to you for free. But why not correct these double
      slashes?

    • dietric
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008

        > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:09:15 -0000, Dietrich wrote:
        >
        > >I'm getting a lot of errors stating "URL contains "//" which can lead
        > >to endless spidering". I'm aware that my sites have plenty of IMG
        > >tags that contains // in the src attribute - is there any way I can
        > >prevent those from being flagged as errors?
        >
        > Yes, there is a "special" version of Xenu that ignores these errors,
        > that I can send to you for free. But why not correct these double
        > slashes?
        >
        > Tilman

        The content is created by a CMS, and there is no easy way to change
        that. I would appreciate if you could make that version available to me.

        Thanks!
        Dietrich

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
          On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:57:17 -0000, dietric wrote:

          >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:09:15 -0000, Dietrich wrote:
          >>
          >> >I'm getting a lot of errors stating "URL contains "//" which can lead
          >> >to endless spidering". I'm aware that my sites have plenty of IMG
          >> >tags that contains // in the src attribute - is there any way I can
          >> >prevent those from being flagged as errors?
          >>
          >> Yes, there is a "special" version of Xenu that ignores these errors,
          >> that I can send to you for free. But why not correct these double
          >> slashes?
          >>
          >> Tilman
          >>
          >The content is created by a CMS, and there is no easy way to change
          >that. I would appreciate if you could make that version available to me.

          CMS suck. They are inflexible, or difficult to configure properly. Most
          people who have problems with Xenu use CMS.

          Here it is:
          http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu-NOCHECKDOUBLESLASH.zip

          If you need an update at a later time, mention that you have
          the NOCHECKDOUBLESLASH version.

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 18 11:39 PM
            russ,

            i post this mail to the list, though you sent the message to me
            personally, because there's more chance you will get an answer ;-)

            frank.

            ===

            I am getting the same error
            messages, "file:///C:/Users/Russ/Desktop/Q5EV4//Figures//unclas.jpg"

            which creates an unclassified background image on all unclassified
            pages and tables. (so I get hundreds of these.

            I am using an omnimark xml to html translation filter, that I have
            no control over. Can you also provide me the special version that
            ignors these errors.

            I tried editing the html source code to replace the // with /
            however the background figure disappears.

            Thanks
            Russ

            --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Dietrich" <dietric@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18 11:49 PM