URL's containing //

  • Dietrich
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
      I'm getting a lot of errors stating "URL contains "//" which can lead
      to endless spidering". I'm aware that my sites have plenty of IMG
      tags that contains // in the src attribute - is there any way I can
      prevent those from being flagged as errors?
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
        On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:09:15 -0000, Dietrich wrote:

        >I'm getting a lot of errors stating "URL contains "//" which can lead
        >to endless spidering". I'm aware that my sites have plenty of IMG
        >tags that contains // in the src attribute - is there any way I can
        >prevent those from being flagged as errors?

        Yes, there is a "special" version of Xenu that ignores these errors,
        that I can send to you for free. But why not correct these double
        slashes?

      • dietric
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008

          > On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:09:15 -0000, Dietrich wrote:
          >
          > >I'm getting a lot of errors stating "URL contains "//" which can lead
          > >to endless spidering". I'm aware that my sites have plenty of IMG
          > >tags that contains // in the src attribute - is there any way I can
          > >prevent those from being flagged as errors?
          >
          > Yes, there is a "special" version of Xenu that ignores these errors,
          > that I can send to you for free. But why not correct these double
          > slashes?
          >
          > Tilman

          The content is created by a CMS, and there is no easy way to change
          that. I would appreciate if you could make that version available to me.

          Thanks!
          Dietrich

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 18, 2008
            On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:57:17 -0000, dietric wrote:

            >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> On Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:09:15 -0000, Dietrich wrote:
            >>
            >> >I'm getting a lot of errors stating "URL contains "//" which can lead
            >> >to endless spidering". I'm aware that my sites have plenty of IMG
            >> >tags that contains // in the src attribute - is there any way I can
            >> >prevent those from being flagged as errors?
            >>
            >> Yes, there is a "special" version of Xenu that ignores these errors,
            >> that I can send to you for free. But why not correct these double
            >> slashes?
            >>
            >> Tilman
            >>
            >The content is created by a CMS, and there is no easy way to change
            >that. I would appreciate if you could make that version available to me.

            CMS suck. They are inflexible, or difficult to configure properly. Most
            people who have problems with Xenu use CMS.

            Here it is:
            http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenu-NOCHECKDOUBLESLASH.zip

            If you need an update at a later time, mention that you have
            the NOCHECKDOUBLESLASH version.

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 18, 2008
              russ,

              i post this mail to the list, though you sent the message to me
              personally, because there's more chance you will get an answer ;-)

              frank.

              ===

              I am getting the same error
              messages, "file:///C:/Users/Russ/Desktop/Q5EV4//Figures//unclas.jpg"

              which creates an unclassified background image on all unclassified
              pages and tables. (so I get hundreds of these.

              I am using an omnimark xml to html translation filter, that I have
              no control over. Can you also provide me the special version that
              ignors these errors.

              I tried editing the html source code to replace the // with /
              however the background figure disappears.

              Thanks
              Russ

              --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Dietrich" <dietric@...>

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 18, 2008