Re: [xenu-usergroup] XENU doesn´t check graphics-links (url(...) in CSS-definitions

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2008
      Xenu does not parse css files or css syntax :-(

      Tilman

      On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:59:55 -0000, wpemit wrote:

      >Hi there,
      >i found out that in difference to 'normal' Browsers XENU doesn´t try to
      >resolve ggraphic-Links like
      >background-image: url(...);
      >or
      >background: url(...);
      >or
      >list-style-image: url(...)
      >unlikely neither in embedded css-definitons nor in imported or linked
      >external css-Resources.
      >
      >XENU is a very fine tool and it reduced our 'true' error-404-Messages
      >by about 99 Percent.
      >
      >Thanks and greetings from center of europe
      >
      >Wolfgang
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • wpemit
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 20, 2008
        I know, i mentioned it as a gap. (In hope it would be closed)
        I think it should only be neccessary to check what´s following the
        url-keyword, istn´t it? Interrioer html and css-Files which where
        linked by @import or link-keyword.

        Wolfgang