RE: [xenu-usergroup] Xenu to check for recently modified pages only?

  • Neal Applebaum
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 22, 2004
      Yes - that would be ideal, but there are a couple of reasons I can't. One is political - who is going to pay for the time to do that?

      But the main reason is editorial. If an article is published about widgets that says to go visit www.widgets.com, and that site no longer exists 6 months later, the article shouldn't necessarily be changed to remove the sentence that referred the user to that site. Now we're talking about changing published articles after the fact, not because the link was bad when it was published, but because it is bad now. What I want is to verify articles that are new today or this week, because I have had several cases of articles being published with mis-spelled links, so they're bad right at the outset.

      Thanks

      ______________________
      Neal Applebaum
      Manager of Technical Quality
      WebFeat
      81 Peter Street, Suite 200
      Toronto, Ontario
      M5V 2G4

      e: napplebaum@...
      t:  416.408.1212 ext. 15
      f:  416.408.0551

      w: www.webfeat.com
      This email may contain confidential and/or privileged information for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete all copies. Opinions, conclusions or other information expressed or contained in this email are not given or endorsed by the sender unless otherwise affirmed independently by the sender.