XENU doesn´t check graphics-links (url(...) in CSS-definitions

  • wpemit
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 16, 2008
      Hi there,
      i found out that in difference to 'normal' Browsers XENU doesn´t try to
      resolve ggraphic-Links like
      background-image: url(...);
      or
      background: url(...);
      or
      list-style-image: url(...)
      unlikely neither in embedded css-definitons nor in imported or linked
      external css-Resources.

      XENU is a very fine tool and it reduced our 'true' error-404-Messages
      by about 99 Percent.

      Thanks and greetings from center of europe

      Wolfgang
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 17, 2008
        Xenu does not parse css files or css syntax :-(

        Tilman

        On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 06:59:55 -0000, wpemit wrote:

        >Hi there,
        >i found out that in difference to 'normal' Browsers XENU doesn´t try to
        >resolve ggraphic-Links like
        >background-image: url(...);
        >or
        >background: url(...);
        >or
        >list-style-image: url(...)
        >unlikely neither in embedded css-definitons nor in imported or linked
        >external css-Resources.
        >
        >XENU is a very fine tool and it reduced our 'true' error-404-Messages
        >by about 99 Percent.
        >
        >Thanks and greetings from center of europe
        >
        >Wolfgang
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • wpemit
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 20, 2008
          I know, i mentioned it as a gap. (In hope it would be closed)
          I think it should only be neccessary to check what´s following the
          url-keyword, istn´t it? Interrioer html and css-Files which where
          linked by @import or link-keyword.