Re: Checking a web based security site

  • mjmanahan
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007
      Hi Tillman and Frank,

      Thank you for your quick responses. I tried Tillman's suggestion in
      post 763, but still see that Xenu only link checks the login page and
      does not prompt for a username and password.

      Have either of you been able to get Xenu to work with this Intel web
      site (https://welcome.intel.com/login.aspx) or other similiar site
      that requires a username and password and then clicking on a login
      button?

      If you have any other suggestions I would be glad to try them out.

      Mark

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 21, 2007
        Oops, I see now you're also trying to check the intel site. Like Frank.

        I never attempted to check such a site (or I don't remember it); I only
        know from others that they were able to check such a site when they
        logged on with IE, and then used Xenu-with-cookies to do a check. (Xenu
        uses IE components to read the WWW).

        The only "solution" I can give would be to change the server settings so
        that it doesn't ask for a password on your IP.

        Tilman

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 21, 2007
          hi,

          please don't test this out on the intel site. this is one of my
          former clients, i now moved on to Sara Lee.

          that was only meant as example.

          frank

          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "mjmanahan" <mmanahan@...>