Checking a web based security site

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007
      as to posting 763 (for some reason i wasn't able to reply):

      Hi tilman,

      In my memory, back then in 2005 you created a cookie-enabled version
      of Xenu for me (1.2g), because I had trouble getting beyond a
      browser check page, that used cookies.

      But the web-based login problem I had in those days as well, as
      described in chapter 8 of the manual, was not tackled by this.

      I understood that this would require Xenu to store a login and
      password, which it does not do.

      Correct me if I am wrong!

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007
        I did something for you ("FORMTEST") as a test, which was an attempt to
        login within Xenu through a POST request. But if I remember correctly,
        your real server expected some sort of variable code that would be found
        in the web page containing the form, and would have to submitted to the
        server when the user would press the login button, so it wouldn't be
        "fixed imput".

        But I still thoughtthat the cookie feature would work for most other
        systems.

        Tilman

        On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 21:58:32 -0000, frank visser wrote:

        >as to posting 763 (for some reason i wasn't able to reply):
        >
        >Hi tilman,
        >
        >In my memory, back then in 2005 you created a cookie-enabled version
        >of Xenu for me (1.2g), because I had trouble getting beyond a
        >browser check page, that used cookies.
        >
        >But the web-based login problem I had in those days as well, as
        >described in chapter 8 of the manual, was not tackled by this.
        >
        >I understood that this would require Xenu to store a login and
        >password, which it does not do.
        >
        >Correct me if I am wrong!
        >

        >frank
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • mjmanahan
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 20, 2007
          Hi Tillman and Frank,

          Thank you for your quick responses. I tried Tillman's suggestion in
          post 763, but still see that Xenu only link checks the login page and
          does not prompt for a username and password.

          Have either of you been able to get Xenu to work with this Intel web
          site (https://welcome.intel.com/login.aspx) or other similiar site
          that requires a username and password and then clicking on a login
          button?

          If you have any other suggestions I would be glad to try them out.

          Mark

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 21, 2007
            Oops, I see now you're also trying to check the intel site. Like Frank.

            I never attempted to check such a site (or I don't remember it); I only
            know from others that they were able to check such a site when they
            logged on with IE, and then used Xenu-with-cookies to do a check. (Xenu
            uses IE components to read the WWW).

            The only "solution" I can give would be to change the server settings so
            that it doesn't ask for a password on your IP.

            Tilman

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 21, 2007
              hi,

              please don't test this out on the intel site. this is one of my
              former clients, i now moved on to Sara Lee.

              that was only meant as example.

              frank

              --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "mjmanahan" <mmanahan@...>