Re: [xenu-usergroup] Checking a Web Based Secured Site

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2007
      On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:05:38 -0000, mjmanahan wrote:

      >Hi,
      >
      >On the Xenu FAQ page there is a link called "big third-party manual
      >with many pictures" that links to a manual that contains a chapter
      >called "Checking a password protected site". In this chapter there is a
      >section called "Web based security" that shows an example of using Xenu
      >with an Intel Login page. When I try using Xenu with the Intel URL,
      >Xenu only link checks the login page and does not prompted with a login
      >screen. Can you provide me with any advice on how to get Xenu to work
      >with this Intel URL?
      >
      >I would like to use Xenu with other web applications that I support
      >that also have a login page, but I keep seeing the same results that I
      >see with the Intel URL.

      http://www.integralworld.net/xenu/8-password-protected.html

      This is outdated (I think so. This is weird, because I think I had done
      this cookies thing for the author of that documentation). First login
      with IE, then switch on cookies in the advanced options dialog of Xenu
      (read the warning at
      http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#cookies ), then have Xenu run
      on the same site.

      Tilman