Checking a Web Based Secured Site

  • mjmanahan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 19, 2007
      Hi,

      On the Xenu FAQ page there is a link called "big third-party manual
      with many pictures" that links to a manual that contains a chapter
      called "Checking a password protected site". In this chapter there is a
      section called "Web based security" that shows an example of using Xenu
      with an Intel Login page. When I try using Xenu with the Intel URL,
      Xenu only link checks the login page and does not prompted with a login
      screen. Can you provide me with any advice on how to get Xenu to work
      with this Intel URL?

      I would like to use Xenu with other web applications that I support
      that also have a login page, but I keep seeing the same results that I
      see with the Intel URL.

      Mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2007
        On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 00:05:38 -0000, mjmanahan wrote:

        >Hi,
        >
        >On the Xenu FAQ page there is a link called "big third-party manual
        >with many pictures" that links to a manual that contains a chapter
        >called "Checking a password protected site". In this chapter there is a
        >section called "Web based security" that shows an example of using Xenu
        >with an Intel Login page. When I try using Xenu with the Intel URL,
        >Xenu only link checks the login page and does not prompted with a login
        >screen. Can you provide me with any advice on how to get Xenu to work
        >with this Intel URL?
        >
        >I would like to use Xenu with other web applications that I support
        >that also have a login page, but I keep seeing the same results that I
        >see with the Intel URL.

        http://www.integralworld.net/xenu/8-password-protected.html

        This is outdated (I think so. This is weird, because I think I had done
        this cookies thing for the author of that documentation). First login
        with IE, then switch on cookies in the advanced options dialog of Xenu
        (read the warning at
        http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html#cookies ), then have Xenu run
        on the same site.

        Tilman