Re: Xenu will be confused by encrypted eMail-addresses

  • wpemit
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 14, 2007
      --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Beton" <rick.beton@...>
      wrote:

      > Not sure I'd lay claim to being an HTML expert, but you do need a
      semicolon
      > at the end of every '&...;' entity sequence.
      >
      > As it happens, Internet Explorer seems to tolerate incorrectly-
      formed
      > entities, but other browsers like Firefox respect the standard and
      detect
      > the error, so such malformed entities fail to appear correctly.
      >
      > For reference, the XML normative definition of entity references is
      here:
      > http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#sec-references
      > The important statement is
      > [Definition: References to parsed general entities use ampersand
      (&) and
      > semicolon (;) as delimiters.]
      >
      > Rick
      > --
      > Big Bee Consultants Limited : Registered in England & Wales No.
      6397941
      > Registered Office: 71 The Hundred, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8BZ

      My problem discussed in this thread was similar.
      Reaction of tested browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) was correct (they
      opened my eMail-Links and showed the correct eMail-addres i tried
      Outlook and thunderbird as eMail-Client) but first when i completed
      each sign with semikolon, robots returned the correct result.

      X-Mas greetings
      Wolfgang
    • wpemit
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 14, 2007
        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "wpemit" <w.peters@...> wrote:

        > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Beton" <rick.beton@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > Not sure I'd lay claim to being an HTML expert, but you do need a
        > semicolon
        > > at the end of every '&...;' entity sequence.
        > >
        > > As it happens, Internet Explorer seems to tolerate incorrectly-
        > formed
        > > entities, but other browsers like Firefox respect the standard
        and
        > detect
        > > the error, so such malformed entities fail to appear correctly.
        > >
        > > For reference, the XML normative definition of entity references
        is
        > here:
        > > http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#sec-references
        > > The important statement is
        > > [Definition: References to parsed general entities use ampersand
        > (&) and
        > > semicolon (;) as delimiters.]
        > >
        > > Rick
        > > --
        > > Big Bee Consultants Limited : Registered in England & Wales No.
        > 6397941
        > > Registered Office: 71 The Hundred, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8BZ
        > >
        > My problem discussed in this thread was similar.
        > Reaction of tested browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) was correct (they
        > opened my eMail-Links and showed the correct eMail-addres i tried
        > Outlook and thunderbird as eMail-Client) but first when i completed
        > each sign with semikolon, robots returned the correct result.
        >
        > X-Mas greetings
        > Wolfgang

        Sorry, i didn´t read your post totally, you don´t have a problem you
        do have a solution.