Re: [xenu-usergroup] Xenu will be confused by encrypted eMail-addresses

  • Rick Beton
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 28, 2007
      Not sure I'd lay claim to being an HTML expert, but you do need a semicolon at the end of every '&...;' entity sequence.

      As it happens, Internet Explorer seems to tolerate incorrectly-formed entities, but other browsers like Firefox respect the standard and detect the error, so such malformed entities fail to appear correctly.

      For reference, the XML normative definition of entity references is here:
          http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#sec-references
      The important statement is
      [ Definition: References to parsed general entities use ampersand (&) and semicolon (; ) as delimiters.]

      Rick
      --
      Big Bee Consultants Limited : Registered in England & Wales No. 6397941
      Registered Office: 71 The Hundred, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8BZ
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 14, 2007
        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Beton" <rick.beton@...>
        wrote:

        > Not sure I'd lay claim to being an HTML expert, but you do need a
        semicolon
        > at the end of every '&...;' entity sequence.
        >
        > As it happens, Internet Explorer seems to tolerate incorrectly-
        formed
        > entities, but other browsers like Firefox respect the standard and
        detect
        > the error, so such malformed entities fail to appear correctly.
        >
        > For reference, the XML normative definition of entity references is
        here:
        > http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#sec-references
        > The important statement is
        > [Definition: References to parsed general entities use ampersand
        (&) and
        > semicolon (;) as delimiters.]
        >
        > Rick
        > --
        > Big Bee Consultants Limited : Registered in England & Wales No.
        6397941
        > Registered Office: 71 The Hundred, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8BZ

        My problem discussed in this thread was similar.
        Reaction of tested browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) was correct (they
        opened my eMail-Links and showed the correct eMail-addres i tried
        Outlook and thunderbird as eMail-Client) but first when i completed
        each sign with semikolon, robots returned the correct result.

        X-Mas greetings
        Wolfgang
      • wpemit
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 14, 2007
          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "wpemit" <w.peters@...> wrote:

          > --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Beton" <rick.beton@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Not sure I'd lay claim to being an HTML expert, but you do need a
          > semicolon
          > > at the end of every '&...;' entity sequence.
          > >
          > > As it happens, Internet Explorer seems to tolerate incorrectly-
          > formed
          > > entities, but other browsers like Firefox respect the standard
          and
          > detect
          > > the error, so such malformed entities fail to appear correctly.
          > >
          > > For reference, the XML normative definition of entity references
          is
          > here:
          > > http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/REC-xml-20060816/#sec-references
          > > The important statement is
          > > [Definition: References to parsed general entities use ampersand
          > (&) and
          > > semicolon (;) as delimiters.]
          > >
          > > Rick
          > > --
          > > Big Bee Consultants Limited : Registered in England & Wales No.
          > 6397941
          > > Registered Office: 71 The Hundred, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 8BZ
          > >
          > My problem discussed in this thread was similar.
          > Reaction of tested browsers (IE, Firefox, Opera) was correct (they
          > opened my eMail-Links and showed the correct eMail-addres i tried
          > Outlook and thunderbird as eMail-Client) but first when i completed
          > each sign with semikolon, robots returned the correct result.
          >
          > X-Mas greetings
          > Wolfgang

          Sorry, i didn´t read your post totally, you don´t have a problem you
          do have a solution.