RE: [xenu-usergroup] How to Check Links From a List of URLs

  • AL Guevara
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
      "What is Franks Manual"
      aL

            From: georgiebon <tiddlywink@...>
            To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [xenu-usergroup] How to Check Links From a List of URLs

            >I need to check webpages that have links back to my site to make sure
            >that none of these links are broken.  I have made a simple html page
            >with all the first level links.  I have tried the 2 methods described
            >in Frank's manual and they have not worked for me - the only links
            >that were checked were the first level links.

            >If anyone has had a similar problem or thinks they know what I am
            >doing wrong, please let me know.

            >Thank you :o)

            >Georgina
    • georgiebon
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
        The Xenu Manual by Frank Visser:
        http://www.integralworld.net/xenu/

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
          You would have to add all these first level links to the include list.
          Make sure that these links end with "/".

          Another solution would be to put all these URLs into a text file, and
          then use the "check URL list" feature. Again, make sure that all these
          links end with "/".

          Tilman

          On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:43:19 -0000, georgiebon wrote:

          >I need to check webpages that have links back to my site to make sure
          >that none of these links are broken. I have made a simple html page
          >with all the first level links. I have tried the 2 methods described
          >in Frank's manual and they have not worked for me - the only links
          >that were checked were the first level links.
          >
          >If anyone has had a similar problem or thinks they know what I am
          >doing wrong, please let me know.
          >
          >Thank you :o)
          >
          >Georgina
          >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • georgiebon
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 18, 2007
            Thank you Tilman - I had left out the closing \ and now that works fine