How to Check Links From a List of URLs

  • georgiebon
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
      I need to check webpages that have links back to my site to make sure
      that none of these links are broken. I have made a simple html page
      with all the first level links. I have tried the 2 methods described
      in Frank's manual and they have not worked for me - the only links
      that were checked were the first level links.

      If anyone has had a similar problem or thinks they know what I am
      doing wrong, please let me know.

      Thank you :o)

      Georgina
    • AL Guevara
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
        "What is Franks Manual"
        aL

              From: georgiebon <tiddlywink@...>
              To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
              Subject: [xenu-usergroup] How to Check Links From a List of URLs

              >I need to check webpages that have links back to my site to make sure
              >that none of these links are broken.  I have made a simple html page
              >with all the first level links.  I have tried the 2 methods described
              >in Frank's manual and they have not worked for me - the only links
              >that were checked were the first level links.

              >If anyone has had a similar problem or thinks they know what I am
              >doing wrong, please let me know.

              >Thank you :o)

              >Georgina
      • georgiebon
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
          The Xenu Manual by Frank Visser:
          http://www.integralworld.net/xenu/

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 17, 2007
            You would have to add all these first level links to the include list.
            Make sure that these links end with "/".

            Another solution would be to put all these URLs into a text file, and
            then use the "check URL list" feature. Again, make sure that all these
            links end with "/".

            Tilman

            On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 16:43:19 -0000, georgiebon wrote:

            >I need to check webpages that have links back to my site to make sure
            >that none of these links are broken. I have made a simple html page
            >with all the first level links. I have tried the 2 methods described
            >in Frank's manual and they have not worked for me - the only links
            >that were checked were the first level links.
            >
            >If anyone has had a similar problem or thinks they know what I am
            >doing wrong, please let me know.
            >
            >Thank you :o)
            >
            >Georgina
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • georgiebon
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 18, 2007
              Thank you Tilman - I had left out the closing \ and now that works fine