Re: [xenu-usergroup] report does not open in browser?

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 20, 2007
      Having looked at the logfile again, I have a doubt whether you did
      actually use the new version, or whether I actually uploaded the new
      version. I have deleted it for now and will check this tonight and then
      reupload it.

      Btw I do have my own domains (xenu.de and scientollywood.org) but I keep
      the "long" download URL. This is for historic reasons :)

      Tilman

    • AL Guevara
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 20, 2007
             <>When firefox isn't active -
             <>1) When in the windows explorer you double click on a .HTM file, does it launch in firefox?

        Yes, both shorties, and html/htm files

             <>2) When in a dos box you enter a .HTM file with full path at the command
             <>prompt, does firefox launch with the file?

        Yes it did

             <>3) Your tmp directory seems to be C:\TMP. Do you run Windows 98 ?

        XP, but I  long ago changed the Environment Variables for tmp & temp manually to.
        TEMP= C:TEMP
        TMP=    C:TMP

             <>I see that UseDDE=0 did the trick. However, this does also just launch
             <>the file directly, without using the Windows DDE library, which is what
             <>already happens when a DDE error occurs ("DdeGetLastError() = 400a" in
             <>the logfile).

        I dont understand what you meant, but it for sure works now!

        PS >  what about the domain question?

        Al

      • AL Guevara
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 21, 2007
               <>Having looked at the logfile again, I have a doubt whether you did
               <>actually use the new version, or whether I actually uploaded the new
               <>version. I have deleted it for now and will check this tonight and then
               <>reupload it.

          I'm not sure Tilman, but I did look at he Help/About and it did say 1.2jb

          I'm also "pretty sure" because when you  offered the Beta on the list awhile ago, I went for it.

          Thanks again for all your help.

          Al Guevara

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 21, 2007
            On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:03:26 -0700, AL Guevara wrote:

            >I had 1.2jb installed already, but re-installed it anyhow.

            I have reuploaded the "new" version.

            The contents of the logfile shows that you were using the older beta
            version. (You can also look at the date of your xenu.exe file - of
            course, before installing the new one).

            It would be interesting to know what's in your registry at

            HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\file

            You can export it into a text file with right-mouse-click.

            Anyway, the new version should no longer rely on it, even when DDE is
            not deactivated in XENU.INI.

            Tilman
          • AL Guevara
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 21, 2007
              re:      <>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\file
              attached

              I installed the beta Tilman, if I run into anything wierd,I'll let you know.
              I thank you again.

              Al

                   From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
                   To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
                   Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] report does not open in browser?

                   <>On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:03:26 -0700, AL  Guevara wrote:

                   <>>I had 1.2jb installed already, but re-installed it anyhow.

                   <>I have reuploaded the "new" version.
                   <>http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip

                   <>The contents of the logfile shows that you were using the older beta
                   <>version. (You can also look at the date of your xenu.exe file - of
                   <>course, before installing the new one).

                   <>It would be interesting to know what's in your registry at

                   <>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\file

                   <>You can export it into a text file with right-mouse-click.

                   <>Anyway, the new version should no longer rely on it, even when DDE is
                   <>not deactivated in XENU.INI.

                   <>Tilman

                   <>
                   <>Yahoo! Groups Links

                   <><*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

                   <><*> Your email settings:
                   <>    Individual Email | Traditional

                   <><*> To change settings online go to:
                   <>    (Yahoo! ID required)

                   <><*> To change settings via email:
                   <>    mailto:xenu-usergroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                   <>    mailto:xenu-usergroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                   <><*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                   <><*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                   <>    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                   <>