Re: [xenu-usergroup] report does not open in browser?

    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 20, 2007
      Hi Al,

      This is really weird.

      When firefox isn't active -
      1) When in the windows explorer you double click on a .HTM file, does it
      launch in firefox?
      2) When in a dos box you enter a .HTM file with full path at the command
      prompt, does firefox launch with the file?
      3) Your tmp directory seems to be C:\TMP. Do you run Windows 98 ?

      I see that UseDDE=0 did the trick. However, this does also just launch
      the file directly, without using the Windows DDE library, which is what
      already happens when a DDE error occurs ("DdeGetLastError() = 400a" in
      the logfile).

      Very strange...

      Tilman

      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 20, 2007
        Having looked at the logfile again, I have a doubt whether you did
        actually use the new version, or whether I actually uploaded the new
        version. I have deleted it for now and will check this tonight and then
        reupload it.

        Btw I do have my own domains (xenu.de and scientollywood.org) but I keep
        the "long" download URL. This is for historic reasons :)

        <al@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > wher to <>PUT th
        > <>> <>file.
        > <>> <>>Any one know how to correct this?
        > <>>
        > <>> <>This is weird. Does it also happen when IE is already
        > active? <>>Works fine when FF is open, but when the browser is
        > closed, I get the <>symptom described
        > <>>
        > <>>
        > <>> <>- Does this also happen when you press "R" at any time
        > in xenu? <>>Works fine when FF is open, but when the browser is
        > closed, I get the <>symptom described
        > <>>
        > <>> <>- Can Xenu launch URLs when you click on a line with an
        > URL? <>>Yes it can, even when the Browser was closed intially
        > <>>
        > <>>
        > <>> <>- Send me the file XENULOG.TXT in your %temp% directory or

      • AL Guevara
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 20, 2007
               <>When firefox isn't active -
               <>1) When in the windows explorer you double click on a .HTM file, does it launch in firefox?

          Yes, both shorties, and html/htm files

               <>2) When in a dos box you enter a .HTM file with full path at the command
               <>prompt, does firefox launch with the file?

          Yes it did

               <>3) Your tmp directory seems to be C:\TMP. Do you run Windows 98 ?

          XP, but I  long ago changed the Environment Variables for tmp & temp manually to.
          TEMP= C:TEMP
          TMP=    C:TMP

               <>I see that UseDDE=0 did the trick. However, this does also just launch
               <>the file directly, without using the Windows DDE library, which is what
               <>already happens when a DDE error occurs ("DdeGetLastError() = 400a" in
               <>the logfile).

          I dont understand what you meant, but it for sure works now!

          PS >  what about the domain question?

          Al

        • AL Guevara
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 21, 2007
                 <>Having looked at the logfile again, I have a doubt whether you did
                 <>actually use the new version, or whether I actually uploaded the new
                 <>version. I have deleted it for now and will check this tonight and then
                 <>reupload it.

            I'm not sure Tilman, but I did look at he Help/About and it did say 1.2jb

            I'm also "pretty sure" because when you  offered the Beta on the list awhile ago, I went for it.

            Thanks again for all your help.

            Al Guevara

            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 21, 2007
              On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:03:26 -0700, AL Guevara wrote:

              >I had 1.2jb installed already, but re-installed it anyhow.

              I have reuploaded the "new" version.

              The contents of the logfile shows that you were using the older beta
              version. (You can also look at the date of your xenu.exe file - of
              course, before installing the new one).

              It would be interesting to know what's in your registry at

              HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\file

              You can export it into a text file with right-mouse-click.

              Anyway, the new version should no longer rely on it, even when DDE is
              not deactivated in XENU.INI.

              Tilman
            • AL Guevara
              Message 6 of 12 , Aug 21, 2007
                re:      <>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\file
                attached

                I installed the beta Tilman, if I run into anything wierd,I'll let you know.
                I thank you again.

                Al

                     From: "Tilman Hausherr" <tilman@...>
                     To: xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com
                     Subject: Re: [xenu-usergroup] report does not open in browser?

                     <>On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 22:03:26 -0700, AL  Guevara wrote:

                     <>>I had 1.2jb installed already, but re-installed it anyhow.

                     <>I have reuploaded the "new" version.
                     <>http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip

                     <>The contents of the logfile shows that you were using the older beta
                     <>version. (You can also look at the date of your xenu.exe file - of
                     <>course, before installing the new one).

                     <>It would be interesting to know what's in your registry at

                     <>HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\file

                     <>You can export it into a text file with right-mouse-click.

                     <>Anyway, the new version should no longer rely on it, even when DDE is
                     <>not deactivated in XENU.INI.

                     <>Tilman

                     <>
                     <>Yahoo! Groups Links

                     <><*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

                     <><*> Your email settings:
                     <>    Individual Email | Traditional

                     <><*> To change settings online go to:
                     <>    (Yahoo! ID required)

                     <><*> To change settings via email:
                     <>    mailto:xenu-usergroup-digest@yahoogroups.com
                     <>    mailto:xenu-usergroup-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                     <><*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

                     <><*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
                     <>    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                     <>