Reg Expression assist for non-javascript links possible?

  • Don
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 19, 2007
      We've started using Xenu to help us find broken links on our sites.
      It's been overall very helpful, but we have one issue that we're facing.

      We have some links in our pages which resemble the following

      <a
      href="../somePage.html?link=http://otherPage.com?arg1=val1&arg2=val2">linked
      text</a>

      Xenu is going to that URL (somePage.html) fine, but for our purposes,
      we need Xenu to go to otherPage.html (given in the link parameter to
      somePage.html). The reason is that the somePage.html uses javascript
      to dynamically generate a link to the URL given in the link parameter,
      so even if the javascript were to be run, if the resultant link were
      bad, it would not be associated to the initial page containing the
      above link tag.

      Just as we do for the javascript links (via the Javascript option in
      the Xenu.ini) would it be possible to instruct Xenu to parse the URL
      such that it processes the above given link as <a
      href="http://otherPage.com?arg1=val1&arg2=val2">linked text</a> using
      a regular expression or such?

      Thanks for any help. [Note that I had emailed Tilman this question
      before my request to join this group was approved]