Re: Xenu version supporting filename wildcards

  • keethrn
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 15, 2007
      Please, please, please don't delete this feature. I use it a lot in
      addition to Xenu's normal function of checking links on a website.

      I have found it very helpful when I need to generate a list of links
      from a group of specific web pages on a site, but I don't want to
      spider all of the pages. I set the maximum level in options to 1 and
      then create a list of files I'm interested in. When I run Xenu on the
      list of files I get the list of links that I need.

      Thanks for a great program. I have been using it for a number of years
      now. It does exactly what it claims to do, and what I need. I
      appreciate it not having a lot of "bells and whistles" that add
      complexity and overhead with little, if any, benefit.
    • maizegoblue
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 15, 2007
        Tilman,

        Thanks a lot!! That fixed it. It's beautiful now.

        One last question: can I put my "exclusion list" of URLs to not check
        in the .ini file?

        Thanks again.

        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 15, 2007
          On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 20:40:47 -0000, maizegoblue wrote:

          >Tilman,
          >
          >Thanks a lot!! That fixed it. It's beautiful now.
          >
          >One last question: can I put my "exclusion list" of URLs to not check
          >in the .ini file?

          It is already done. (Not in the check URL feature) Look into the INI
          file and you'll see it.

          Tilman

          >Thanks again.
          >
          >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Get it here:
          >>
          >> http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuwild2.zip
          >>

          >> Tilman
          >>
          >> On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 16:16:27 -0000, maizegoblue wrote:
          >>
          >> >Tilman,
          >> >
          >> >Yes, I would very much like to use both of those features at the same
          >> >time! I check a lot of sites, but there are some URLs that I need to
          >> >exclude using wildcards. Thanks a lot for your hard work!

          >feature?
          >been

          >> >Yahoo! Groups Links
          >> >

          >Yahoo! Groups Links

        • maizegoblue
          Message 4 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
            Tilman,

            Thanks for the explanation. I was under the impression that having the
            exclusion list in the .ini file meant that this feature could be used
            in conjunction with "Check URL List." Is there any way those features
            could work together?

            Message 5 of 16 , Feb 17, 2007
              On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 14:56:47 -0000, maizegoblue wrote:

              >Tilman,
              >
              >Thanks for the explanation. I was under the impression that having the
              >exclusion list in the .ini file meant that this feature could be used
              >in conjunction with "Check URL List." Is there any way those features
              >could work together?

              No, the "check URL list" was just a quickie job. It doesn't use an extra
              include/exclude list.

              Tilman