Extra ideas for the great dead link checker!

  • Ignacio Seron Holley
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 24, 2006
      Dear All.

      I began to use Xenu 3 months ago and is impressive  how after the last update the software is running impressively good.

      So. ich Gratuliere ihnen! :-)

      Now i just was thinking about some possible extra characteristics and what could be good to add.

      Now you are saving the "title" of the web addresses.
      HOW  about also to ADD a column with the  META TAGS keywords, description and Robots?
      This is  helpful for check in a fast way  and don't forgetting to put the meta tags ( this apply to pictures also )

      EXAMPLE:
      <HTML>
      <HEAD>
      <TITLE>HALLO</TITLE>
      <META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Wie gets ">
      <META NAME="description" CONTENT="Wie gets">
      <META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="ALL">
      </HEAD>

      For pictures meta tag watch here: http://256.com/gray/docs/pics/

      I can imagine  how this can help to improve the Google index, specially in the meta tag files.

      What the people think about this suggestion?

      Thanks in advance.
      Ignacio.

      2006/11/23, Tilman Hausherr < tilman@...>:

      On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:22:23 +0100, Luis Blanco wrote:

      >Hi to all,
      >
      >it is nice to know that there are people out there listening ja ja ja ja
      >ja ja ja ja ja ja :-)
      >
      >I use Xenu from time to time and it works flawlessly, really !!
      >
      >Tilman, it would be a fantastic ( for me :-) ja ja ja ) if you have time
      >to prepare the xhtml parser.

      While I haven't a XHTML parser, I do accept the MIME type. I thought I sent you
      the version... anyway, here it is:

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 24, 2006
        On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 13:07:50 +0100, Ignacio Seron Holley wrote:

        >Dear All.
        >
        >I began to use Xenu 3 months ago and is impressive how after the last
        >update the software is running impressively good.
        >
        >So. ich Gratuliere ihnen! :-)
        >
        >Now i just was thinking about some possible extra characteristics and what
        >could be good to add.
        >
        >Now you are saving the "title" of the web addresses.
        >HOW about also to ADD a column with the META TAGS keywords, description
        >and Robots?
        >This is helpful for check in a fast way and don't forgetting to put the
        >meta tags ( this apply to pictures also )

        Someone (you?) already asked me this, but it would take a few days to
        make, and it isn't really related to link checking, which is why I won't
        do it. The day has only 24 hours, and I have a day job, must sleep, go
        to work, etc :-(

        Tilman

        >EXAMPLE:
        ><HTML>
        ><HEAD>
        ><TITLE>HALLO</TITLE>
        ><META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="Wie gets ">
        ><META NAME="description" CONTENT="Wie gets">
        ><META NAME="ROBOTS" CONTENT="ALL">
        ></HEAD>
        >

        >For pictures meta tag watch here: http://256.com/gray/docs/pics/
        >
        >I can imagine how this can help to improve the Google index, specially in
        >the meta tag files.
        >
        >What the people think about this suggestion?
        >
        >Thanks in advance.
        >Ignacio.
        >

        >2006/11/23, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>:
        >>
        >> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006 17:22:23 +0100, Luis Blanco wrote:
        >>
        >> >Hi to all,
        >> >
        >> >it is nice to know that there are people out there listening ja ja ja ja
        >> >ja ja ja ja ja ja :-)
        >> >
        >> >I use Xenu from time to time and it works flawlessly, really !!
        >> >
        >> >Tilman, it would be a fantastic ( for me :-) ja ja ja ) if you have time
        >> >to prepare the xhtml parser.
        >>
        >> While I haven't a XHTML parser, I do accept the MIME type. I thought I
        >> sent you
        >> the version... anyway, here it is:
        >> http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip
        >>
        >> Tilman
        >>

        >> >luis

      • Ignacio Seron Holley
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 24, 2006
          Hallo Tilman.

          I didn't ask you about this topic before, only i gave you an  idea on how to enhance  even more the link checker  .. innovation maybe?

          I know that you have to work also, and we really appreciate (the whole world) this great piece of software.

          Anyway , i never said thanks for the software so now is the time.

          Ignacio.