AW: [xenu-usergroup] Excluding directories and files.

  • Thomas Fischer
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
      Hello,

      > Is it possible to configure Xenu.ini, to exclude certain links, files
      > or even the whole directory.
      >
      > In other words I know that a link is broken and don't want it to show
      > up on the report.
      > Thanks,
      > JC.

      Yes, you can do this (but don't need to, as Tilman wrote).
      I sat up an ini for people who use Xenu but don't need to go into the depth to understand all the options.

      For example, I fill in some URLs to choose from:
      [Recent URL List]
      URL0=http://www.XYZ.de/
      URL1=...

      and some exclusions
      [Exclude]
      String1=http://www.xyz.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/browse.pl?db=mit&type=subject/subj&pattern=1
      Enable1=1
      String2=...
      Enable2=1

      as well as some includes.

      This way you can stop URLs you don't want to check.
      They will appear in the appropriate box in Xenu's "Check URL..." dialog and can be changed there.
      But if you want to fill this in for somebody else, you can write it into the ini like this.
      I also find it more convenient sometimes, think of dealing with links like
      http://www.informationsweiser.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/browse.pl?db=mit&type=formal/form&pattern=all-Options
      in the little box available.

      All the best
      Thomas
    • javachimps
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2006
        Thank you... I'll check the suggestions.
        -JC
        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Fischer" <fischer@...>