Excluding directories and files.

  • javachimps
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
      Is it possible to configure Xenu.ini, to exclude certain links, files
      or even the whole directory.

      In other words I know that a link is broken and don't want it to show
      up on the report.
      Thanks,
      JC.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
        On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 17:40:17 -0000, javachimps wrote:

        >Hi,
        >Is it possible to configure Xenu.ini, to exclude certain links, files
        >or even the whole directory.

        Yes. Please have a closer look at the initial dialogbox. You don't need
        to touch the INI file.

        Tilman

        >In other words I know that a link is broken and don't want it to show
        >up on the report.
        >Thanks,
        >JC.
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Thomas Fischer
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2006
          Hello,

          > Is it possible to configure Xenu.ini, to exclude certain links, files
          > or even the whole directory.
          >
          > In other words I know that a link is broken and don't want it to show
          > up on the report.
          > Thanks,
          > JC.

          Yes, you can do this (but don't need to, as Tilman wrote).
          I sat up an ini for people who use Xenu but don't need to go into the depth to understand all the options.

          For example, I fill in some URLs to choose from:
          [Recent URL List]
          URL0=http://www.XYZ.de/
          URL1=...

          and some exclusions
          [Exclude]
          String1=http://www.xyz.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/browse.pl?db=mit&type=subject/subj&pattern=1
          Enable1=1
          String2=...
          Enable2=1

          as well as some includes.

          This way you can stop URLs you don't want to check.
          They will appear in the appropriate box in Xenu's "Check URL..." dialog and can be changed there.
          But if you want to fill this in for somebody else, you can write it into the ini like this.
          I also find it more convenient sometimes, think of dealing with links like
          http://www.informationsweiser.de/cgi-bin/ssgfi/browse.pl?db=mit&type=formal/form&pattern=all-Options
          in the little box available.

          All the best
          Thomas
        • javachimps
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 31, 2006
            Thank you... I'll check the suggestions.
            -JC
            --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Fischer" <fischer@...>