Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: Enhancement request - xhtml parse

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
      On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:21:38 -0000, au84uah88 wrote:

      >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
      >wrote:
      >>
      >> On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:17:43 -0000, luibla wrote:
      >>
      >> >For a long time Xenu can parse wap (.wml or text/vnd.wap.wml) that
      >it
      >> >is used on mobile devices.
      >> >
      >> >Is there any way to parse a xhtml site (.xhtml or
      >> >application/xhtml+xml) ?.
      >>
      >> No, I know nothing about these. The WML files have ordinary HTML.
      >What
      >> about XHTML files? Do you have examples?
      >>

      >This link may be useful: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

      I had a quick look... I'd still need an example of a site that

      * delivers the MIME type application/xhtml+xml
      * would not bring the desired results with Xenu as it is now

      my hope is that I can handle it like WML, i.e. do (almost) nothing
      particular.

      Tilman
    • luibla
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
        Hi Tilman,

        Xhtml is a mixture between html and wml. Xhtml is an application of
        Xml as html and wml. And the way of passing parameters it like wml. I
        mean the typical key - value pairs are encoded like in html but
        joined with & as in wml, some people use just the ampersand ( & )
        for joining.

        A URL with parameters is like this:

        http://wap.server.es/path/index.php?
        xgrupo=rmadrid&xcanal=REALMADRID

        or with just ampersand

        http://wap.server.es/path/index.php?xgrupo=rmadrid&xcanal=REALMADRID

        The sample you need:

        http://wap.rebranding.es/orange-navegacion/g3/index.xhtml

        it return Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml

        and Xenu don't follow a single link.

        Kind regards.

        Luis

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 15, 2006
          Try this version:
          http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuklaus.zip

          It seems to parse what you meant. It has also another change, which may
          be interesting for other people: local directories are now treated as a
          list, like browsers do.

          Tilman