Re: Enhancement request - xhtml parse

  • au84uah88
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006

      > On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:17:43 -0000, luibla wrote:
      >
      > >For a long time Xenu can parse wap (.wml or text/vnd.wap.wml) that
      it
      > >is used on mobile devices.
      > >
      > >Is there any way to parse a xhtml site (.xhtml or
      > >application/xhtml+xml) ?.
      >
      > No, I know nothing about these. The WML files have ordinary HTML.
      What

      This link may be useful: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
        On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:21:38 -0000, au84uah88 wrote:

        >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
        >wrote:
        >>
        >> On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:17:43 -0000, luibla wrote:
        >>
        >> >For a long time Xenu can parse wap (.wml or text/vnd.wap.wml) that
        >it
        >> >is used on mobile devices.
        >> >
        >> >Is there any way to parse a xhtml site (.xhtml or
        >> >application/xhtml+xml) ?.
        >>
        >> No, I know nothing about these. The WML files have ordinary HTML.
        >What
        >> about XHTML files? Do you have examples?
        >>

        >This link may be useful: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

        I had a quick look... I'd still need an example of a site that

        * delivers the MIME type application/xhtml+xml
        * would not bring the desired results with Xenu as it is now

        my hope is that I can handle it like WML, i.e. do (almost) nothing
        particular.

        Tilman
      • luibla
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
          Hi Tilman,

          Xhtml is a mixture between html and wml. Xhtml is an application of
          Xml as html and wml. And the way of passing parameters it like wml. I
          mean the typical key - value pairs are encoded like in html but
          joined with & as in wml, some people use just the ampersand ( & )
          for joining.

          A URL with parameters is like this:

          http://wap.server.es/path/index.php?
          xgrupo=rmadrid&xcanal=REALMADRID

          or with just ampersand

          http://wap.server.es/path/index.php?xgrupo=rmadrid&xcanal=REALMADRID

          The sample you need:

          http://wap.rebranding.es/orange-navegacion/g3/index.xhtml

          it return Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml

          and Xenu don't follow a single link.

          Kind regards.

          Luis

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 15, 2006
            Try this version:
            http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuklaus.zip

            It seems to parse what you meant. It has also another change, which may
            be interesting for other people: local directories are now treated as a
            list, like browsers do.

            Tilman