Re: [xenu-usergroup] Enhancement request - xhtml parse

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
      On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:17:43 -0000, luibla wrote:

      >For a long time Xenu can parse wap (.wml or text/vnd.wap.wml) that it
      >is used on mobile devices.
      >
      >Is there any way to parse a xhtml site (.xhtml or
      >application/xhtml+xml) ?.

      No, I know nothing about these. The WML files have ordinary HTML. What
      about XHTML files? Do you have examples?
    • au84uah88
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006

        This link may be useful: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
          On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:21:38 -0000, au84uah88 wrote:

          >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
          >wrote:
          >>
          >> On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:17:43 -0000, luibla wrote:
          >>
          >> >For a long time Xenu can parse wap (.wml or text/vnd.wap.wml) that
          >it
          >> >is used on mobile devices.
          >> >
          >> >Is there any way to parse a xhtml site (.xhtml or
          >> >application/xhtml+xml) ?.
          >>
          >> No, I know nothing about these. The WML files have ordinary HTML.
          >What
          >> about XHTML files? Do you have examples?
          >>

          >This link may be useful: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

          I had a quick look... I'd still need an example of a site that

          * delivers the MIME type application/xhtml+xml
          * would not bring the desired results with Xenu as it is now

          my hope is that I can handle it like WML, i.e. do (almost) nothing
          particular.

          Tilman
        • luibla
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
            Hi Tilman,

            Xhtml is a mixture between html and wml. Xhtml is an application of
            Xml as html and wml. And the way of passing parameters it like wml. I
            mean the typical key - value pairs are encoded like in html but
            joined with & as in wml, some people use just the ampersand ( & )
            for joining.

            A URL with parameters is like this:

            http://wap.server.es/path/index.php?
            xgrupo=rmadrid&xcanal=REALMADRID

            or with just ampersand

            http://wap.server.es/path/index.php?xgrupo=rmadrid&xcanal=REALMADRID

            The sample you need:

            http://wap.rebranding.es/orange-navegacion/g3/index.xhtml

            it return Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml

            and Xenu don't follow a single link.

            Kind regards.

            Luis

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 15, 2006
              Try this version:
              http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuklaus.zip

              It seems to parse what you meant. It has also another change, which may
              be interesting for other people: local directories are now treated as a
              list, like browsers do.

              Tilman