Enhancement request - xhtml parse

  • luibla
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
      For a long time Xenu can parse wap (.wml or text/vnd.wap.wml) that it
      is used on mobile devices.

      Is there any way to parse a xhtml site (.xhtml or
      application/xhtml+xml) ?.

      Now a day xhtml site are more usual than wap.

      Do you have any plan to add this feature.

      Thanks

      luis
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
        On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:17:43 -0000, luibla wrote:

        >For a long time Xenu can parse wap (.wml or text/vnd.wap.wml) that it
        >is used on mobile devices.
        >
        >Is there any way to parse a xhtml site (.xhtml or
        >application/xhtml+xml) ?.

        No, I know nothing about these. The WML files have ordinary HTML. What
        about XHTML files? Do you have examples?
      • au84uah88
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006

          This link may be useful: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 3, 2006
            On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 22:21:38 -0000, au84uah88 wrote:

            >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
            >wrote:
            >>
            >> On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:17:43 -0000, luibla wrote:
            >>
            >> >For a long time Xenu can parse wap (.wml or text/vnd.wap.wml) that
            >it
            >> >is used on mobile devices.
            >> >
            >> >Is there any way to parse a xhtml site (.xhtml or
            >> >application/xhtml+xml) ?.
            >>
            >> No, I know nothing about these. The WML files have ordinary HTML.
            >What
            >> about XHTML files? Do you have examples?
            >>

            >This link may be useful: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

            I had a quick look... I'd still need an example of a site that

            * delivers the MIME type application/xhtml+xml
            * would not bring the desired results with Xenu as it is now

            my hope is that I can handle it like WML, i.e. do (almost) nothing
            particular.

            Tilman
          • luibla
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2006
              Hi Tilman,

              Xhtml is a mixture between html and wml. Xhtml is an application of
              Xml as html and wml. And the way of passing parameters it like wml. I
              mean the typical key - value pairs are encoded like in html but
              joined with & as in wml, some people use just the ampersand ( & )
              for joining.

              A URL with parameters is like this:

              http://wap.server.es/path/index.php?
              xgrupo=rmadrid&xcanal=REALMADRID

              or with just ampersand

              http://wap.server.es/path/index.php?xgrupo=rmadrid&xcanal=REALMADRID

              The sample you need:

              http://wap.rebranding.es/orange-navegacion/g3/index.xhtml

              it return Content-Type: application/xhtml+xml

              and Xenu don't follow a single link.

              Kind regards.

              Luis

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 15, 2006
                Try this version:
                http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuklaus.zip

                It seems to parse what you meant. It has also another change, which may
                be interesting for other people: local directories are now treated as a
                list, like browsers do.

                Tilman