XENU fails to check for a link with escaped characters.

  • kmputr_junki
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 27, 2006
      Hello, I have this link inside an html file that returns 404 by xenu.
      when I click on the link it works fine but Xenu can not report that.
      The url has some escaped characters and has this format:
      http://mydomain/vdir/gdirectory/away.asp?ID1=1122&ID2=423&URL=http%
      3A//newdomain%3A80/Newsite/file.asp?id=17970

      It is failing on newdomain%3A80/ which is newdomain:80/ .

      Any idea how I can overcome this?

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 27, 2006
        On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:09:13 -0000, kmputr_junki wrote:

        >Hello, I have this link inside an html file that returns 404 by xenu.
        >when I click on the link it works fine but Xenu can not report that.
        >The url has some escaped characters and has this format:
        >http://mydomain/vdir/gdirectory/away.asp?ID1=1122&ID2=423&URL=http%
        >3A//newdomain%3A80/Newsite/file.asp?id=17970
        >
        >It is failing on newdomain%3A80/ which is newdomain:80/ .
        >
        >Any idea how I can overcome this?

        I'd need an URL that isn't on your intranet. There are some URLs that do
        make trouble and I might have a solution, but it isn't sure and I'd like
        to test it first.

        Tilman
      • kmputr_junki
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2006

          > On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:09:13 -0000, kmputr_junki wrote:
          >
          > >Hello, I have this link inside an html file that returns 404 by
          xenu.
          > >when I click on the link it works fine but Xenu can not report
          that.
          > >The url has some escaped characters and has this format:
          > >http://mydomain/vdir/gdirectory/away.asp?
          ID1=1122&ID2=423&URL=http%
          > >3A//newdomain%3A80/Newsite/file.asp?id=17970
          > >
          > >It is failing on newdomain%3A80/ which is newdomain:80/ .
          > >
          > >Any idea how I can overcome this?
          >
          > I'd need an URL that isn't on your intranet. There are some URLs
          that do
          > make trouble and I might have a solution, but it isn't sure and
          I'd like
          > to test it first.
          >
          > Tilman

          I just can't find one externally ... it's driving me nuts :) and it
          is not easy to move the code to an external site.

          I'm pretty sure the problem is with adding the escaped :80 after the
          server name on the redirect url since I changed it to
          http://mydomain/vdir/gdirectory/away.asp?
          ID1=1122&ID2=423&URL=http://newdomain:80/Newsite/file.asp?id=17970
          and everything worked fine.

          Any Idea?

          Thanks
          Jay
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 2006
            On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:19:35 -0000, kmputr_junki wrote:

            >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@...>
            >wrote:
            >>
            >> On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 19:09:13 -0000, kmputr_junki wrote:
            >>
            >> >Hello, I have this link inside an html file that returns 404 by
            >xenu.
            >> >when I click on the link it works fine but Xenu can not report
            >that.
            >> >The url has some escaped characters and has this format:
            >> >http://mydomain/vdir/gdirectory/away.asp?
            >ID1=1122&ID2=423&URL=http%
            >> >3A//newdomain%3A80/Newsite/file.asp?id=17970
            >> >
            >> >It is failing on newdomain%3A80/ which is newdomain:80/ .
            >> >
            >> >Any idea how I can overcome this?
            >>
            >> I'd need an URL that isn't on your intranet. There are some URLs
            >that do
            >> make trouble and I might have a solution, but it isn't sure and
            >I'd like
            >> to test it first.
            >>
            >> Tilman
            >>
            >I just can't find one externally ... it's driving me nuts :) and it
            >is not easy to move the code to an external site.
            >
            >I'm pretty sure the problem is with adding the escaped :80 after the
            >server name on the redirect url since I changed it to
            >http://mydomain/vdir/gdirectory/away.asp?
            >ID1=1122&ID2=423&URL=http://newdomain:80/Newsite/file.asp?id=17970
            >and everything worked fine.

            But then, you've already found the solution, don't you?

            Tilman
          • kmputr_junki
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 29, 2006

              > On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:19:35 -0000, kmputr_junki wrote:
              >
              > >--- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@>
              > >wrote:

              > >xenu.
              > >that.
              > >ID1=1122&ID2=423&URL=http%

              > >> I'd need an URL that isn't on your intranet. There are some
              URLs
              > >that do
              > >> make trouble and I might have a solution, but it isn't sure and
              > >I'd like
              > >> to test it first.
              > >>
              > >> Tilman
              > >>
              > >I just can't find one externally ... it's driving me nuts :) and
              it
              > >is not easy to move the code to an external site.
              > >
              > >I'm pretty sure the problem is with adding the escaped :80 after
              the
              > >server name on the redirect url since I changed it to
              > >http://mydomain/vdir/gdirectory/away.asp?
              > >ID1=1122&ID2=423&URL=http://newdomain:80/Newsite/file.asp?id=17970
              > >and everything worked fine.
              >
              > But then, you've already found the solution, don't you?
              >
              > Tilman

              In a way I did, but all the links inside the docs I'm checking for
              broken links have the URL escaped, and I'm hoping I can automate
              this process without modifying the escaped characters.

              I'm just hoping we can this with XENU without modifying all the
              links inside the documents, and there are lots of documents :).

              Thanks
              J.