Re: [xenu-usergroup] Re: new beta

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 18, 2006
      On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:53:00 -0000, wpemit wrote:

      >I loaded XENU1.2i-Beta down on my computer and checked a website within
      >more than 18.000 entries. It does work very well, much better than 1.2h.
      >It passes thru this website as fast as 1.2g.
      >It doesn´t stuck annywhere.
      >I searched for XENULOG.TXT during XENU runs but didn´t find it anywhere.

      This is only created when you launch a report.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 8, 2009
        There's a new beta here:
        I've decided to include the "PARSETEST" feature in the regular version.
        This feature suppresses the conversion of "%xx" in non-file-URLs, which
        I originally did because it "looked nice".
        The reason is that some URLs have a "%" that must stay there, and I've
        had complaints about this for years.

        Examples:
        1)
        http://www.kmdahl.no/dokumenter/hms/datablader/va/Natronlut%2010-50%25.doc
        with the conversion, Xenu makes this:
        http://www.kmdahl.no/dokumenter/hms/datablader/va/Natronlut%2010-50%.doc
        which does not work.

        2)
        http://www.accommodationknowhow.co.uk/running.aspx?type=bb&expand=true&title=B%26Bs+and+guesthouses
        with the conversion, Xenu makes this:
        http://www.accommodationknowhow.co.uk/running.aspx?type=bb&expand=true&title=B&Bs+and+guesthouses
        which does not work.

        So it would be nice to test this new version on your website, even if
        you don't have such weird URLs, just to be sure it works properly with
        the general public.

        Note: don't use this beta if you received the PARSETEST2 version (use of
        characters >80Hex in URLs) or PARSETEST3 version (problems with
        redirections), this are different issues.

        There are no major improvements, but some small bug fixes, and some
        memory use improvements.

        Tilman
      • Tono
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 8, 2009
          Does it have the wildcard feature?

          Which is the latest version with wildcard feature?

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 9, 2009
            On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 22:21:56 +0200, Tono wrote:

            >Does it have the wildcard feature?
            >
            >Which is the latest version with wildcard feature?

            This one, I just made and uploaded it.
            http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuwild.zip