Re: [xenu-usergroup] new beta

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 17, 2006
      Sorry - this may not have been the new version. If you downloaded it
      already, download it again.

      Tilman

      On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:22:32 +0200, Tilman Hausherr wrote:

      >I found out that Xenu has a bug with huge websites (> 10000), which
      >causes it to freeze temporarly. Some people did already complain, and I
      >found the cause, and it was a recent change (from 1.2g to 1.2h), which
      >was programmed inefficiently. Try it.
      >http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenubeta.zip
      >
      >Note that a file XENULOG.TXT is written in the %temp% directory. This is
      >for a user who has a problem launching the report. If you have that
      >problem too, send the file to me.
      >
      >Tilman
    • wpemit
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 18, 2006
        I loaded XENU1.2i-Beta down on my computer and checked a website within
        more than 18.000 entries. It does work very well, much better than 1.2h.
        It passes thru this website as fast as 1.2g.
        It doesn´t stuck annywhere.
        I searched for XENULOG.TXT during XENU runs but didn´t find it anywhere.

        Wolfgang
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 18, 2006
          On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 13:53:00 -0000, wpemit wrote:

          >I loaded XENU1.2i-Beta down on my computer and checked a website within
          >more than 18.000 entries. It does work very well, much better than 1.2h.
          >It passes thru this website as fast as 1.2g.
          >It doesn´t stuck annywhere.
          >I searched for XENULOG.TXT during XENU runs but didn´t find it anywhere.

          This is only created when you launch a report.

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 8, 2009
            There's a new beta here:
            I've decided to include the "PARSETEST" feature in the regular version.
            This feature suppresses the conversion of "%xx" in non-file-URLs, which
            I originally did because it "looked nice".
            The reason is that some URLs have a "%" that must stay there, and I've
            had complaints about this for years.

            Examples:
            1)
            http://www.kmdahl.no/dokumenter/hms/datablader/va/Natronlut%2010-50%25.doc
            with the conversion, Xenu makes this:
            http://www.kmdahl.no/dokumenter/hms/datablader/va/Natronlut%2010-50%.doc
            which does not work.

            2)
            http://www.accommodationknowhow.co.uk/running.aspx?type=bb&expand=true&title=B%26Bs+and+guesthouses
            with the conversion, Xenu makes this:
            http://www.accommodationknowhow.co.uk/running.aspx?type=bb&expand=true&title=B&Bs+and+guesthouses
            which does not work.

            So it would be nice to test this new version on your website, even if
            you don't have such weird URLs, just to be sure it works properly with
            the general public.

            Note: don't use this beta if you received the PARSETEST2 version (use of
            characters >80Hex in URLs) or PARSETEST3 version (problems with
            redirections), this are different issues.

            There are no major improvements, but some small bug fixes, and some
            memory use improvements.

            Tilman
          • Tono
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 8, 2009
              Does it have the wildcard feature?

              Which is the latest version with wildcard feature?

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 9, 2009
                On Wed, 8 Apr 2009 22:21:56 +0200, Tono wrote:

                >Does it have the wildcard feature?
                >
                >Which is the latest version with wildcard feature?

                This one, I just made and uploaded it.
                http://home.snafu.de/tilman/tmp/xenuwild.zip