XENO and Binary files

  • kmputr_junki
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12 11:30 AM
      Hello,

      I would to confim my findings after trying xeno.

      Xeno can not fallow links inside binary documents. Such as .doc,
      .xls, .ppt and .pdf files. It can verify links inside html files that
      point to these types of files.

      Does any one knows of any such tool (verify links in binary files)? or
      I should not be asking this question here :)

      Thanks
    • kmputr_junki
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15 11:42 AM
        Thanks for the overwhelming response :)

        I did found out how we can extract links from word, excel documents
        but it can't find any anything that can extract links from a pdf
        file.

        I'm thinking I can create a script to extract all these links from
        the binary files and write them to an html file, xenu will report on
        the html files.

        Any idea?

        Thanks for your reply.

        Jay
        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, "kmputr_junki" <docjay01@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I would to confim my findings after trying xeno.
        >
        > Xeno can not fallow links inside binary documents. Such as .doc,
        > .xls, .ppt and .pdf files. It can verify links inside html files
        that
        > point to these types of files.
        >
        > Does any one knows of any such tool (verify links in binary
        files)? or
        > I should not be asking this question here :)
        >
        > Thanks

      • wpemit
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18 8:33 AM
          We use htdig as search-engine on our websites. (http://www.htdig.org)
          You can configure very much helpers which should read and index
          documents for you.
          By this way you will be able to find out which documents aren´t
          available on your webserver which are linked from your documents.

          Wolfgang

          wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > I would to confim my findings after trying xeno.
          >
          > Xeno can not fallow links inside binary documents. Such as .doc,
          > .xls, .ppt and .pdf files. It can verify links inside html files
          that
          > point to these types of files.
          >
          > Does any one knows of any such tool (verify links in binary files)?
          or
          > I should not be asking this question here :)
          >
          > Thanks

        • kmputr_junki
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18 3:10 PM
            Thanks Wolfgang,