Re: [xenu-usergroup] Link Sleuth Times Out

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2006
      On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 17:53:30 -0000, ultra_xcyter wrote:

      >I am checking a rather large site, and Link Sleuth always times out
      >when the program is about 60% finished checking the site. Actually, it
      >just stops responding. I confirm this by viewing the task manager, and
      >it shows that link sleuth is "not responding". I am using WIN XP
      >Professional. This happens no matter what computer I am using the
      >program on (with the same OS). Anyone have any idea as to why this is
      >happening? Link Sleuth can connect to the site without any problems,
      >but it seems that it always stops responding at around 60%.

      It's probably one page with thousands links on a single page. (Site map?
      These should be excluded)
    • ultra_xcyter
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2006
        I did uncheck the Sitemap option, but same problem. I guess it will
        time out with any page that has thousands of links?

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2006
          On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:19:32 -0000, ultra_xcyter wrote:

          >I did uncheck the Sitemap option, but same problem. I guess it will

          That isn't what I mean. Exclude URLs with a site map, so that these
          aren't spidered.

          >time out with any page that has thousands of links?

          It doesn't time out, it just takes a long time at 100%

          Tilman