how to exclude xml and msodata

  • C.D. Mazoff
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 10, 2006
      Hello.. Xenu is really useful.. Thank you very much.. But how can I get
      it to exclude files with extensions such as xml and mso? There are
      options for excluding files that "begin with" but none for that "end
      with"

      Thanks

      CD
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 10, 2006
        On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:54:39 -0000, C.D. Mazoff wrote:

        >Hello.. Xenu is really useful.. Thank you very much.. But how can I get
        >it to exclude files with extensions such as xml and mso? There are
        >options for excluding files that "begin with" but none for that "end
        >with"

        [Options] ExcludeMSO=1 and Xenu ignores URLs that end with
        /filelist.xml
        /editdata.mso
        /oledata.mso
      • cdmazoff
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 10, 2006
          Thanks for the reply Tilman, however it didn't work.

          I found the entry for option in the Xenu. ini
          I then entered the line
          ExcludeMSO=1

          And then I ran Xenu.. But I still got a listing of the xml and editdata.mso files

          Was I supposed to reboot after changing the ini?

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 10, 2006
            On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:10:25 -0700, cdmazoff wrote:

            >Thanks for the reply Tilman, however it didn't work.
            >
            >I found the entry for option in the Xenu. ini
            >I then entered the line
            >ExcludeMSO=1
            >
            >And then I ran Xenu.. But I still got a listing of the xml and editdata.mso files
            >
            >Was I supposed to reboot after changing the ini?

            No, but you'll have to redo the crawl from scratch... also, make sure
            you have the correct version, 1.2g or higher.

            If it still doesn't work, tell me what you're working on.

            Tilman

            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 10, 2006
              Frank, please kick out committee@... and/or
              mail@... . I get a bounce message each time:

              We are unable to deliver the message from <tilman@...> to
              <committee@...>.

              The email address used to send your message is not subscribed to this
              group. If you are a member of this group, please be aware that you may
              only send messages to this group using the email address(es) you have
              registered with Committee Group.
            • cdmazoff
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 11, 2006
                I am running Xenu 1.2h on a very fast PC with lots of RAM...using XP Home

                I am unclear about doing the "crawl from scratch"... I thought I did that when I ran Xenu again... Is there a cache I'm supposed to flush?

                Thanks

                CD

                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 11, 2006
                  On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 11:24:55 -0700, cdmazoff wrote:

                  >I am running Xenu 1.2h on a very fast PC with lots of RAM...using XP Home
                  >
                  >I am unclear about doing the "crawl from scratch"... I thought I did that when I ran Xenu again... Is there a cache I'm supposed to flush?

                  What I meant is that you simply enter the URL again, that is all.

                  If it still doesn't work, e-mail me directly, send me your INI file and
                  mention what URL you're checking.

                  Tilman

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 12, 2006

                    > Frank, please kick out committee@... and/or
                    > mail@... . I get a bounce message each time:
                    >
                    > We are unable to deliver the message from <tilman@...> to
                    > <committee@...>.
                    >
                    > The email address used to send your message is not subscribed to this
                    > group. If you are a member of this group, please be aware that you may
                    > only send messages to this group using the email address(es) you have
                    > registered with Committee Group.

                    i removed that user (probably another mailing list).