Re: [xenu-usergroup] Using Xenu behind a proxy

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
      On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 02:28:46 -0000, landscribe wrote:

      >Has anyone found a work-around to use Xenu from behind an
      >organisations proxy?
      >
      >The problem I'm having is that Xenu can't check any links because
      >it's being blocked from accessing the internet through our proxy.
      >
      >Really frustrating, because Xenu looks to be exactly what we are
      >after.

      It should work if you have configured your proxy as explained on the WWW
      page... so that you can access pages with IE.

      I have programmed Xenu so that it can access pages through a
      password-protected proxy. However I have never been able to test it,
      because nobody would set up a password-protected proxy for me :)

      Tilman
    • landscribe
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        Superb! Thanks Tilman for that nudge in the right direction. I made
        sure both boxes under IEs HTTP options were checked, and now Xenu
        works a charm.

        Cheers.

        --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@b...>