Maximum Links!

  • Frank Visser
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 6, 2006
      Hi jc,

      Yes, the report won't open, because of some resource/browser limitations i
      have never been able to figure out.

      But 20K links in one page alone is quite extraordinary! Are you doing a
      local check or on a web server? Local is fine, but the webserver might get
      an overload of requests.

      I have done site scans of that magnitude though, and sometimes the reports
      did open. (just take care you select ONLY "Broken links, ordered by links"
      and nothing else (esp. not the sitemap), so the report will be as short as
      possible.

      I forward this question to the group list, for other people might want to
      learn from it.

      Frank Visser, Waterpoortweg 279, 1051 pv, Amsterdam
      Author of: Ken Wilber: Thought as Passion SUNY 2003
      Read all about Ken Wilber : http://www.integralworld.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2006
        I checked our site weekly, which has over 100,000 links and the software runs fine.  I do not check external links and I only have one option set in the reporting (Broken links, ordered by links).  Other options might be bogging you down.  On a site this big the report can take up to a half hour to generate but never had problems with it.

        Mike

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 13, 2006
          Thanks for all the info. Everything is local. There aren't 20K links
          on one page alone. The file* contains a list (hyperlinks) of html
          files on my local server and than I use xenu to check this file*.

          I was thinking of dividing the report up in two, any suggestions?

          Thanks -jc

          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Michael Hunsaker