Using Xenu behind a proxy

  • landscribe
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2004
      Has anyone found a work-around to use Xenu from behind an
      organisations proxy?

      The problem I'm having is that Xenu can't check any links because
      it's being blocked from accessing the internet through our proxy.

      Really frustrating, because Xenu looks to be exactly what we are
      after.

      Cheers.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 02:28:46 -0000, landscribe wrote:

        >Has anyone found a work-around to use Xenu from behind an
        >organisations proxy?
        >
        >The problem I'm having is that Xenu can't check any links because
        >it's being blocked from accessing the internet through our proxy.
        >
        >Really frustrating, because Xenu looks to be exactly what we are
        >after.

        It should work if you have configured your proxy as explained on the WWW
        page... so that you can access pages with IE.

        I have programmed Xenu so that it can access pages through a
        password-protected proxy. However I have never been able to test it,
        because nobody would set up a password-protected proxy for me :)

        Tilman
      • landscribe
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
          Superb! Thanks Tilman for that nudge in the right direction. I made
          sure both boxes under IEs HTTP options were checked, and now Xenu
          works a charm.

          Cheers.

          --- In xenu-usergroup@yahoogroups.com, Tilman Hausherr <tilman@b...>